Community

(Wolfie) Applications Menu v3.1.1 Beta 3

Wolfie

%7Boption%7D

File Name: (Wolfie) Applications Menu v3.1.1 Beta 3

File Submitter: Wolfie

File Submitted: 25 Jun 2010

File Category: Look and Feel

Simple hook that allows you to have some of your applications appear within a drop-down menu.

I've tested it and it seems to work for me, however since it hasn't been widely tested with others, I'm considering it to be in a "Beta" stage. Please install it on a test board BEFORE installing it on a live board.

Instructions are simple.
1. Install hook.
2. Go to Settings, in the "Hooks" tab, look for (Wolf) Apps Menu
3. Pick the applications you would like to appear on the menu.
4. Choose the order you would like (default is to just list them as they are in IPB's cache)
5. OPTIONAL: For the applications you want to appear ONLY in the drop down menu, you will need to edit the settings for those applications (in the Applications & Modules menu) and set them to "Yes" for the hide option.

On the public view of your board, you will see a menu appear to the far left on the primary navigation bar.

Sort methods:
None - (displayed as they are in the cache)
ACP/internal name - sorted by the names you see them as in the Applications menu of the ACP
Directory name - by the name of the folder they are saved in on the server
Public name - by the name your visitors see it as

Sort order:
Normal - ascending order (A-Z)
Reverse - descending order (Z-A)
Random - will randomize the order each time (overrides previous setting) <- use this to keep your visitors on their toes!

v31103
* Dummy author made had booboo in PHP file which caused everything to fail miserably. %7Boption%7D Should work in IE/FF, CleanCut without issues.
* Using CSS styles already built into IPB for better compatibility.
* Set IP.Blog, IP.Downloads and IP.Gallery as default applications, so that it can start getting used right away for those with those applications installed. %7Boption%7D

v31102 Initial release.

here to download this file

Wolfie is it safe to be used on a live board in all aspects or better to have it on a test board first?

I'm using it on my live board (installed it as anyone else would). However due to the incompatibility issues, I might need to remove it until it gets resolved.

It *was* working on IE8 when I was testing it initially, but at some point it stopped working. I need to figure out why. So if anyone knows anything about skinning, they're more than welcome to help. :D

Update:

v31103
* Dummy author made had booboo in PHP file which caused everything to fail miserably. <_< Should work in IE/FF, CleanCut without issues.
* Using CSS styles already built into IPB for better compatibility.
* Set IP.Blog, IP.Downloads and IP.Gallery as default applications, so that it can start getting used right away for those with those applications installed. :)

Thanks to Garcia and Michael. Their comments gave me the clues I needed to realize that the problem was PEBKAC related.

is there a set number of links you can put in the dropdown or can you choose how many you want to add?

EDIT:
Nevermind..I installed it and it SEEMS to be working fine...AWESOME work my friend, I have been looking for something like this for a while...thank you!!

A. Would require making a duplicate of the hook, with two different sets of settings/etc.

B. I thought about it but I'm leaning against it. I just wanted to have the ability to put applications into a menu instead of having the navigation bar exploding into multiple lines. Mat has an application that allows you to do the applications into a drop down menu and also add additional links and some other stuff. Don't want to start stepping on his feet.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey Wolfie. I was just looking for an app just like this! I tried one, and no matter what I did, I just couldn't get it to work the way it was supposed to, and the second one, it worked, but not really what I was looking for and on some of my skins, it bumped it off the apps bar at the top when opened. Now this one does exactly what I want, and it was very easy and straight forward. Thanks a bunch!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...