Ticket timelines

rbiss

That may display on the client side, but techs work based on the age of the ticket (oldest to newest) - not based on last reply.

Great information. :thumbsup:

I wish other companies did that. At some companies when people reply to a ticket with new information, it goes to the bottom of the queue. >_<

Hey speaking of tickets and timelines...

I have used support again for the 3rd or 4th time this weekend (why does everything happen on a weekend?)

I submitted my ticket on Saturday afternoon fully expecting someone to respond on Monday morning, but Andy Millne not only responded today, but solved the problem within a few hours.

People can say all they want about support around here, but I think it's grand and I am speaking from experience!!

Keep up the great work guys!!

Jamie

Can i just poke a thing in here and ask How many support staff are there? Have IPS ever thought of hiring weekend staff?

I signed up on the weekend to the hosting service and waiting for the forums to be installed. but i know that they dont work on weekends.

Can i just poke a thing in here and ask How many support staff are there? Have IPS ever thought of hiring weekend staff?

I signed up on the weekend to the hosting service and waiting for the forums to be installed. but i know that they dont work on weekends.

We do have weekend staff, however we have fewer of them. As you can see from A Walk in Faith's reply, some staff *are* available.

Most install and upgrade requests are saved for normal business hours, however.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey speaking of tickets and timelines...

I have used support again for the 3rd or 4th time this weekend (why does everything happen on a weekend?)

I submitted my ticket on Saturday afternoon fully expecting someone to respond on Monday morning, but Andy Millne not only responded today, but solved the problem within a few hours.

People can say all they want about support around here, but I think it's grand and I am speaking from experience!!

Keep up the great work guys!!

Jamie

Maybe you were lucky. I have sent tickets in and the response is generally SLOWWWWWWW. Painfully slow. And there is a general lack of communication. It's dreadful.

Maybe you were lucky. I have sent tickets in and the response is generally SLOWWWWWWW. Painfully slow. And there is a general lack of communication. It's dreadful.

I would agree with you that I might have been lucky had it not been quick each time. I have used support at least 4 times since April and two of those were on the weekends and all of the tickets were answered quickly and professionally.

I think some people misunderstand a 'response time' with ticket being 'fixed'.... these are two very different things but some people expect to put in a ticket and have their problem fixed within hours. I am not saying you're one of those people, but from some of the topics I have seen talking about slow support when the details come out, support was either waiting for a response, or there wasn't enough information given in the first ticket to fully understand what the problem was/is.

Also, as members we need to understand that when a new release is issued like 3.1 was there will be some delays, but so far I can't see a topic with details where the support team has gone over their allotted 48 hour response time.

I don't think I am lucky... I think the support team here does a fantastic job. :)

Jamie

Harry,

I am sorry to hear you have had a bad experience.
If you would like to PM me any ticket ID numbers related to this, I would be happy to look into what's happened.

The vast majority of customers tell us response times are good, and more importantly, the responses themselves are helpful. It concerns me that you feel there is a "lack of communication".

Please don't sit in silence if you're unhappy.

I took the liberty of looking up your account and I can only find 2 tickets presently open, both of which were last responded to yesterday. If you are referring to another ticket please let me know. From the two tickets I found it appears that we have responded within our guaranteed time frame.

We strive to ensure that we meet the expectations we have set (a 2 business day turn around for all support requests on a standard license) and given the massive increase in ticket volume over the past week or two since 3.1.0 was released, our technicians have generally done a very good job of ensuring we meet this guarantee. If anyone has a ticket that has reached 2 days without a response please do be sure to let us know. :)

Yeah, I have actually had to deal with support way more than I would like to. And almost all of it has been because I have a hosted forum and can't download any files but the forums. It seems like a huge time sink to have support do something I am fully capable of but not allowed to. And yes, each response has been within the alloted time for the tickets. But if there is a misunderstanding or any further questions, I'm looking at another 2 days of wait time for another response in all likeliness. Again, that's fine, I knew this going in.
It's just I wish I could help myself from time to time. How many of the requests that staff are dealing with are hosted sites asking for upgrades they could do themselves?

Even as a hosting customer you can still download the files yourself in the client area if you prefer.

I asked support about it and they told me that the forum software download was available, which I have installed and upgraded on my own, but that the modules are not available for customers to download on their own. If this isn't true, then it's strange I can't actually download the modules myself. heh

I'd (just an assumption) that if they are not available to download it might be because you have them as add-ons to the hosting packages, rather than having purchased them (as a self-hosted customer would do)

I could be wrong :) just my thought about the (possible) reason they are not available for you to download.

Yes, I am a hosting customer. I don't think it's ever been in question, Andy. heh My whole point from the beginning was just that as a hosting customer, I could save myself and support staff valuable time if I could download all the software myself. But I can't. And support told me it's not a bug, it's just not all available to the hosting clients. I think Charles is just confused.

Archived