Download: (SOS31) Forums Moderators in Board Index

Adriano Faria

Hope that is clear. You must do a "group by" at some point in your queries or have people setup moderators once for any times of forums moderated in their board.

Understood.

But this is not a problem of this hook. I just a lib from IPS:

$this->registry->getClass('class_forums')->forumsGetModerators( $fid );

where $fid is the forum id!

So I guess if there's something not right, is in that method forumsGetModerators.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Understood.

But this is not a problem of this hook. I just a lib from IPS:

$this->registry->getClass('class_forums')->forumsGetModerators( $fid );

where $fid is the forum id!

So I guess if there's something not right, is in that method forumsGetModerators.

I don't understand?? Couldn't I just pay you to fix it?? :unsure:

This hook uses the same script of moderators in forums... but will be redone from the scratch. I'll try something in this weekend.

You don't need to pay for it, it's free.

Ok many thank you's Adriano. :D
I am so lazy I would rather just pay to have it fixed than do it myself, sometimes. :rolleyes:
  • 3 weeks later...

What I have found, although I don't use the hook in my forums, just installed for testing and saw the problem, is that if you assign a moderator multiple times and not once. You have to do it with one assignment else you get this problem.

Let me explain a bit better:

you go to ACP-> Forums ->Shoe moderators. If you have one moderator (we're talking for the same one) in many forums you must have put him with one ADD MODERATOR. You select the forums, then Add a moderator to all checked forum (at the bottom of the screen) and then at the next screen "Add a moderator" - Select Forums, you must select ALL forums, ONE TIME. If you follow this procedure again for THE SAME moderator you get the problem.

If you add the same moderator multiple times at different forums this hook ends up showing as many times as the moderator has been added, thus multiple times as shown in the screen shot above.

Hope that is clear. You must do a "group by" at some point in your queries or have people setup moderators once for any times of forums moderated in their board.

(I know it's a bit confusing. If you don't get it as I explained it tell me so and I will try again :) )

Tks, this happened... but the real problem is: it will only happen if you don't use DESCRIPTIONS in your forums. If you use, no problem is detected... that's why it never happened in my live board.

I'll try to fix it.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi again (wow, you sure had created a lot of mods)

After installing on a 3.1.4 using a slightly edited default theme, I see no changes in the forum. I already turned it on in the ACP, but see no changes. Is there a certain code that is required in the board index or something?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived