iPhone App - Feedback

Lewis P

Thought I'd show you guys (only with Charles mentioning it, mind you!) what the iPhone App looks like with a custom mobile skin - specifically, a modified version of the Aqua-Soft Mobile skin by Timan. The skin (which made our site look like an iPhone app anyway) really polishes off the UI of the *real* app in my opinion since it fits so well into the rest of the iPhone interface.

I find it pretty neat that there is absolutely NO limits to what you can make it look like since it's just HTML and CSS. Brilliant!

I'd also just like to thank IPS for doing something like this in the first place. It works great, and apart from a few bugs already in the tracker, feels really stable and usable. I personally can't wait until a few more sites I visit upgrade to 3.1 so I can use the app rather than having to open Safari. Makes things a lot easier!

:)

Only a couple of modifications to the header to remove the tabs and to change the messenger count to a notifications count. Oh yeah, and upgrading of the relevant bits of the templates for it to function in IPB 3.1. Nothing major, but it's the little things. :)

• Management

I'm curious about the "private label" app. Would it be published to the App Store by IPS, or would the purchaser receive the app files and publish it with their own Apple Developer account?

Well we don't have all the details sorted out yet but we would publish under our account in your name. It would be hard to give you the files as we would be responsible for updates too and that would get difficult to track.

Thought I'd show you guys (only with Charles mentioning it, mind you!) what the iPhone App looks like with a custom mobile skin - specifically, a modified version of the [url="http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/299642-download-aqua-soft-mobile/"]Aqua-Soft Mobile[/url] skin by [member='Timan']. The skin (which made [url="http://loswonderkids.com/community/index"]our site[/url] look like an iPhone app anyway) really polishes off the UI of the *real* app in my opinion since it fits so well into the rest of the iPhone interface.

I find it pretty neat that there is absolutely NO limits to what you can make it look like since it's just HTML and CSS. Brilliant!

I'd also just like to thank IPS for doing something like this in the first place. It works great, and apart from a few bugs already in the tracker, feels really stable and usable. I personally can't wait until a few more sites I visit upgrade to 3.1 so I can use the app rather than having to open Safari. Makes things a lot easier!

:)

Just to let you know, I am seeing an error on your site

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; GTB6.4; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; eSobiSubscriber 2.0.4.16; OfficeLiveConnector.1.4; OfficeLivePatch.1.3; InfoPath.3)

Timestamp: Sat, 22 May 2010 12:14:59 UTC

Line: 766

Char: 20

Code: 0

URI: http://loswonderkids.com/community/public/min/index.php?charset=UTF-8&f=public/js/ipb.js,public/js/ips.quickpm.js,public/js/wonderkids.js,public/js/ips.hooks.js,public/js/ips.board.js,cache/lang_cache/1/ipb.lang.js

Archived