Unread posts not showing up in View New Content

Booth

I'm currently away from home in France so I'm not getting onto our forum as often as I usually do. One frustrating thing that I'm finding with our IPB3 powered board which I haven't noticed until now is that View New Posts and Active Topics are nowhere near as good as VB3's View New Posts feature.

At the moment there are about five posts/updated topics that I haven't read. However when I click View New Posts, or Active Topics they aren't appearing. If I hadn't have manually searched, which is impractical for most users, I would have missed these posts.

Is there any way to set this up better in admin, or failing that could it be considered to fix this. At least have a look at VB3's View New Posts and include the same thing.

I think this is the only thing that's making me miss VB3 as I know that the forum would be more active was it not for people missing out on seeing new posts >_<

I'm currently away from home in France so I'm not getting onto our forum as often as I usually do. One frustrating thing that I'm finding with our IPB3 powered board which I haven't noticed until now is that View New Posts and Active Topics are nowhere near as good as VB3's View New Posts feature.

At the moment there are about five posts/updated topics that I haven't read. However when I click View New Posts, or Active Topics they aren't appearing. If I hadn't have manually searched, which is impractical for most users, I would have missed these posts.

Is there any way to set this up better in admin, or failing that could it be considered to fix this. At least have a look at VB3's View New Posts and include the same thing.

I think this is the only thing that's making me miss VB3 as I know that the forum would be more active was it not for people missing out on seeing new posts >_<

File it as a bug. It was supposedly fixed in Beta 2, but I'm still seeing it happen here.

• 3 months later...

Archived