Calendar Recurring By Day Week, etc

Worldoversea

How do you add a recurring event (example meeting) that happens every second Tuesday of every month at 8 PM?

You can't!

This would be a handy feature indeed to add to the Calendar in that I have users that meet for certain events every other Tuesday or a every second Thursday of every month at a certain time.

Rather than enter this for the entire year on separate entries, you enter once and your done!

Many thanks.

JB

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I can do recurring events in weeks,months,year and set if it is an all day event or a specific time event on my forum 3.1.4

We mean something other - recurring events like "every first tuesday in every month" or even "every first tuesday of every second month". We don't mean "every 15. in every month". ;)

Add me to the list. I asked about this WAAAAAAAAAAAAY back in 2.1.x. It is a standard issue for anyone using a calendar for a club of any sort. Our membership meeting is the second Wednesday of every month, BOD meeting is 1st Wed. of every month. Just about EVERY other calendar software I have researched has this capability. It would save me a TON of time, and I always forget where I stopped adding the damn things. On top of that, I can't copy an event - another would-be-nice-to-have feature. At least that way, I could copy the 1 meeting, and just keep changing the date. But no, I have to type in all the body of the event, and the title of the event EVERY month. Gets really old, really quick.

PLEASE - I can't believe it is that complicated to add this logic to the calendar.

• 4 months later...

Staff, Please, please revisit this issue. You have added many wonderful features to the updated Calender, but without this one feature, the application is nearly unusable to many whose boards deal with clubs that schedule there weekly/monthly events via this format.

Archived