Download: Classifieds

Andy Millne

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry for the double post :-/

I have just noticed that on the side bar, where it shows the latest ads on the forum, instead of showing the little icon, its just says icon... Can anyone tell me how to change this? I know it should be showing the classifieds.png image, but as i say, it just says icon.

Thanks in advance :)

Andy, this is fantastic, exactly what I've been needing.

Is it possible to restrict thumbnails on category listings to a certain group(s)? And also highlight listings to a certain group(s)?

I suggest that because we have a paid supporters group and it would be good for them to have these added features as part of their package. :)

Feedback and bugs...

• Even with the edit timer off, people can't edit their classifieds once posted? Leaving blank, 0 or -1 doesn't do anything. It just thinks they can't edit their advert (I have edit ability turned on btw).
  • The error message for incomplete custom fields doesn't really read right, there is no error number and a custom message would be useful...

[#ERROR NUMBER] You must enter a value for Agree to for Sale Guidelines?

• Can there be edit/close buttons next to each add in "View my items"?
  • Sold items show in View New Content

Very nice app. It seems to work fine on my board 3.1.2 even when I only activated it for a little while to have a look, and may use it later on. Now, even after deactivating the application and hook (the one under "manage hooks"), there is still a tab for the active content (active classifieds) visible on my forum. Then trying to switch it off from somewhere, I had a look under the System Settings > Classifieds, and under General Configuration there was another hook. I thought it was that one, but maybe this is for the top menu tab (not for the active content one). Anyway, I switched to not display the Classifieds tab, which did not make any difference (as the tab on the menu was gone already when I deactivated the others), but then that hook disappeared; I cannot find it now. (!)... so any help with getting it back, and also with getting rid of the active Classifieds tab, will be appreciated.

While on the subject, some feedback. It's obvious it was designed with items in mind, would it possible to have more options for services instead? Also, any chance to have independent user groups options for "Wanted"? (Given the nature of my forum, it would be great if some groups can only "want" something but not sell or offer anything). Anyway, thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived