Download: Classifieds

Andy Millne

Thanks, the template edits fixed my missing custom fields.

Any thoughts on adding RSS to this mod? I would like to import a feed so that a new thread/announcement would be added to the forums everytime a new item is added. The thread would be closed...just a redirect to the classified section. Any ideas on how to do this at present?

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, the template edits fixed my missing custom fields.

Any thoughts on adding RSS to this mod? I would like to import a feed so that a new thread/announcement would be added to the forums everytime a new item is added. The thread would be closed...just a redirect to the classified section. Any ideas on how to do this at present?

Not possible at present but RSS will be added in a future release. Is the sidebar hook not sufficient?

I'm confused....I downloaded the app from resources. I uploaded everything and installed the app through ACP.

I found some settings and so edited those...and now what? Where do I set up the categories and so on? I can't find that in the ACP anywhere at all.

I've given myself permissions to add stuff through the ACP but....nothing...help!

Have you visited ACP > My Apps > Classifieds?

Classifieds does not appear in the MyApps drop down. If I go into the ACP -> Manage Apps and Modules it is listed until Third Party Apps v1.0.0 Alpha 5 with a green tick next to it. If I click on the app name to view the modules there are 3 listed, Overview, Manage & Settings. If I click on manage it just goes into the module edit mode.

Something is amiss?

Not possible at present but RSS will be added in a future release. Is the sidebar hook not sufficient?

The side bar is definitely a nice touch but we just changed over to this classified from a regular classified forum style set up. members are used to seeing new ads in thread form. RSS will be very useful for what I want to do.

Thanks Andy, great mod!!

This may have been addresses elsewhere, but I can't find it...

When an ad expires, what happens? Will it disappear completely or go into an archive? Will the poster have an opportunity to relist the ad? So far, that is the only request my members have is the ability to be notified of the ad expiring and being able to relist it without retyping. Thoughts?

How can I change the color of the "price"? Right now it's white and doesn't show very well against a light background.

In firebug, I see that the element is for example: <span class="price positive">$100.00</span>, with the white color coming from:

.positive {
color:#FFFFFF;
}

But .positive is not unique to classifieds, so changing it's color will affect other elements of the board... Any ideas?

Any word on update schedule? I don't mean to bug...I just love this mod!

There isn't one really, it's a case of whenever I get some free time I do a bit more.

How can I change the color of the "price"? Right now it's white and doesn't show very well against a light background.

In firebug, I see that the element is for example: <span class="price positive">$100.00</span>, with the white color coming from:

.positive {

color:#FFFFFF;

}

But .positive is not unique to classifieds, so changing it's color will affect other elements of the board... Any ideas?

If you don't want to edit positive globally, you can add a style inline with;

<span class="price positive" style="color:your color;">

or add another class declaration i.e.

<span class="price positive yourclass">

Archived