Download: Classifieds

Andy Millne

Hi,

You can download it from [url="http://community.invisionpower.com/files/file/3103-classifieds/"]http://community.inv...03-classifieds/[/url] - it is still in beta format and reading above, I do not think Andy has updated it yet for 3.1

Hi, as Ian says, at the moment it's just a beta preview that is only compatible with 3.0.5 . That being said I'll put some time aside this week to make the necessary changes but there won't be any new functionality added. I currently have no intentions of charging for it.

You should also be aware that it is not officially supported by IPS as it is something I am contributing to in my own time.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've now fixed all known bugs and updated it to work with 3.1.1

I'll sort out the pricing quirks this afternoon and hopefully should have something to release later tonight. There won't be any new features in this version as I'm planning to start integration with Nexus first.

Hi Andy
after some while of using this mod, here are some feedbacks that I personally think most needed

* limit member of group X to only post X ads in X days

* delete ALL ads of members X at one click

Otherwise, people really try spam classifieds very much...

thanks for hard work!

OK haven't released a beta yet as I want to add in a bit more integration with IPB. I also forgot that I would need to update to use the new global search extension in IPB 3.1 which I have now done.

I'm going to start on notifications now and report center integration to address peoples spam concerns.

• 2 months later...

Hi -

Read through all the posts on this and it sounds great. Any chance the listings can be sorted by country (that is different than category)? We're a worldwide organization and I'm sure the classified items of interest to our members are those for a given country.

Also, I had a look at two of the demos on here and tried to see if there is RSS functionality. It does not appear that it does beyond a single item, where it can be watched.

Finally, now that 3.1.x functionality has been released, will this work on 3.0.5?

Thanks so much!

Brian

One other question:

I just downloaded the application. Do I just upload all the folders as is to the root directory of the board?

Is there a .txt file to give some installation instructions in one of the files?

I have installed upwards of 15 hooks so I'm not a clueless newb but I am still wondering what to do here... after upload, just go to the ACP and enable the hook?

Thanks,

Brian

Any chance the listings can be sorted by country (that is different than category)? We're a worldwide organization and I'm sure the classified items of interest to our members are those for a given country.

Location is something I am going to look into. You can add a custom field now but there is currently no way to filter using them.

Also, I had a look at two of the demos on here and tried to see if there is RSS functionality. It does not appear that it does beyond a single item, where it can be watched.

There is no RSS feed support yet but you can subscribe to categories to get notified using IPB's notifications system.

Finally, now that 3.1.x functionality has been released, will this work on 3.0.5?

Probably not. It will work to some extent but the main difference is how search and attachments are handled in 3.1

I just downloaded the application. Do I just upload all the folders as is to the root directory of the board?

Yes, then run the installer from ACP -> Manage applications & modules

Installed without any problems :wub:

The navigation links on the side: "Browse Classifieds" = "Add an Item" - "View my Items" are not hot though. I adjusted permissions under each member group, however, you cannot click on them though. Now, you can add an item once you get into a category by clicking on the "Add an Item" button.

Any ideas?

Great mod - thanks!

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/classifieds/

The navigation links on the side: "Browse Classifieds" = "Add an Item" - "View my Items" are not hot though.

That's a skin problem, no idea what you've done there.

Hi Andy, as mentioned above, installed without an issue or error. Just one quick question though...

I changed the currency symbol in the settings to

Archived