[More Features] Some things to improve IPB.

Invisiοnist

Alrighty, so I noticed a few things that sorta irritate me lately since I have been working with IPB more and more. I hope some of these features will be added but of course it's just a suggestion, I hope to receive some feedback from the staff and members about it though.

1.) In the user profile page, can we have "View Posts | Pages" just like that below "View my Content" I do like the whole content idea but is a few extra steps for the most common and (for me) very used feature. If you put it like I mentioned in this sentence it will only be one line and not look cluttered if that is what you are worried about. It's just an easier for of access IMO.

2.) When you view "User Posts" it has a very nice display. You can read the posts and topic title etc which is fantastic! but... why isn't the rep there? I wanted to see what I was repped in my posts so I went to "view Posts' but the rep I received isn't in the preview so I had to go through each posts to try and find it (and still didn't lol) I am curious to see what people like that I post so it would be nice to have that in the user posts preview as well.

3.) The reputation system here is really great, I love the ease of it all, the only thing that bugs me similar to #2 I posted is that its hard to see what I was repped for... can we add in the user profile field and/or user CP the option to view the list of rep I have received/given along with the ability to leave a comment when repped...

3.5) This may be a bug.. but so far on this board sometimes I can view who repped someone by clicking the number and sometimes I can't... and for some reason I see no option to be able to neg rep posts.. but yet I see some posts that have negative rep... %7Boption%7D

4.) Quick Mod Access!! I can not stress this enough.. one major downer since the switch is the mod editing of user profiles. Its a pain really.. I cant just go to their profile page click edit member and be taken to the admin CP to edit their info/group/permissions/ban etc Instead I have to go to the admin CP and type in there name (if I can even remember it) Why not have a quick access to edit all their info via Admin CP?

5.) Maybe I'm missing this.. but is there a way to remove someones status other than the admin CP editing? To make one user not able to create a status update at all.. that would be something really helpful. Same with the ability to not allow a user to receive and/or send profile comments or reputation. I'm not sure if it's possible to edit per-user without a user group mask but I hope it is because having too many user groups gets really messy on IPB.

6.) Ability to allow some users to hide their display name history and reputation. Pretty self-explanatory. Some people would like to be anon.

7.) I think this has been discussed before-- but can we have the option for notifications to just be inline pop-up with no "Check Message" section... it gets annoying to have to go through each message for it to disappear from my "new notifications" warning. Also alot of my members complain that its not default for notifications on profile comments, gallery image comments, and blog comments to be inline (with out a pop up) just a little New Notifications icons by the user settings so they know they have new comments and when they go to the new comment it disappears.

8.) Today's Posts can this be added to the "view new content" feature. If you kept the "view new content" that would be great.. but when you click on it, have it go to a tabbed table similar to "View Your Content" so that the user can view "Today's Posts" "Unread Posts" "Latest Posts" and maybe even "Unreplied Posts"

9.) Quick Selective Quoting - Also a very, very excellent feature! It has been mentioned serveral times throughout the IPB mod request / suggestions. Its just a little "Highlight the text and click the QS button" for it to drop down to the quick reply box for you to quickly get specific information out of a certain post that you wish to reply to. It's REALLY useful :)

Anyway that's all I can think of for now :)
I hope for some positive feedback on this, its just a few suggestions/questions.

Some nice ideas. We'll look into them over the next few point releases.

Glad you think so Matt. Btw, was 3.5 a bug or is it meant to be like that?

I had a few questions in that wall-o-text I was hoping could me answered, mainly for #3.5 and #5. I wasn't sure if that last part on 5 was already possible.%7Boption%7D

Also.. noob question.. is point release 3.1 , 3.2 , etc or 3.1.2 , 3.1.3 , etc

Regarding #9, I posted a little(very little) more extensive topic about it here:
Regarding #6 I have some interesting ideas about anonymous users but I think I'll post it in an own topic and not hijack your topic :)

Other than that I agree with everything.
The Quick Mod Access is crucial.

3.5 - Unsure why you wouldn't be able to see rep. You'd need to point out a specific topic with that problem. The reason some have negative rep is because we used to have it enabled, but do not any longer.

5 - You can delete a status from the front end, but not edit it.

3.5 - Unsure why you wouldn't be able to see rep. You'd need to point out a specific topic with that problem. The reason some have negative rep is because we used to have it enabled, but do not any longer.

5 - You can delete a status from the front end, but not edit it.

Im still having problems with the rep. I click the green button with the number 2 in my first post but the names dont pop up. It just highlights the number and the mouse pointer turns into a I looking symbol.

Ah yes, Charles had disabled it a little while ago. That's why it doesn't popup.

I'm sure it's disabled because some members of our community appear to take their reputation points very seriously, and we don't want to moderate "he gave me negative rep for no reason" reports.

Archived