Just thought I'd share this with you

stoo2000

%7Boption%7DSearch Engine Referal statistics

This is the OMOC forum in my signature, prior to the datapoints collected the forum was managed by someone else, and ran on PHPbb.

I think this should help settle any questions about SEO capabilities of IP.Board 3.0. I'm wondering if you can tell when the forum was upgraded to 3.0 :ph34r:

There was no other change in advertising etc, it's purely a 2.3.6 to 3.0.x upgrade.

Changed screenshot so it doesn't include the drop off's where a full month isn't included.

hmmm.. i swear to god the chart didnt look like that last time i looked at it... sorry long night, early morning..

It didn't it included some partial data for incomplete months (this month) obviously it's going to go down alot since this month isn't over. I changed it to remove that confusion :)

• 4 months later...

am i the only person in the world having a bad SEO experience since i moved to IPB, it was on the June 29 and here is my search engine traffic graph:
post-180036-089283100 1282239813_thumb.p
i have stoo's sitemap installed and linked to my google webmasters tools and all my old link are being (301) redirected to the IPB FURL one.

am i the only person in the world having a bad SEO experience since i moved to IPB, it was on the June 29 and here is my search engine traffic graph:

i have stoo's sitemap installed and linked to my google webmasters tools and all my old link are being (301) redirected to the IPB FURL one.

Here are my stats, after migrating from 2.3.6 with CSEO to IPB 3.0 on february 10th :

[img]

[/img]

Pretty big down turn.

That's interesting. I'm not if both are you are tracking visits to your main website too, but my graph shows the websites forum on a sub domain. If you combine your website with a forum on the same domain, your website might affect that traffic too.

What structure were your old links? SEF or Dynamic?

Also, is your site installed in the root or in site.com/forum?

SEF link and my forum have always been under /forum (even before the migration)

OK, so before the switch, a URL to one of your posts would have been like this:

site.com/forum/interesting-thread

and after the switch to IPB your URLs are now:

site.com/forum/topic/interesting-thread

?

Archived