tekguru

Is it possible to add a 'New Posts' link to all pages as the site of 'View New Content'?

That is a link similar to new content, but one that always goes to the new posts/forums tab in new content instead of new content default which is referential to the area one is in?

I had a similar question and created a ticket about it awhile back:

<li><a href='{parse url="app=core&amp;module=search&amp;do=<if test="ncmember:|:$this->memberData['member_id']">new_posts<else />active</if>&amp;search_filter_app[<if test="viewnewcontentapp:|:$this->registry->getCurrentApplication() != 'core' AND IPSSearchIndex::appIsSearchable( $this->registry->getCurrentApplication() )">{$this->registry->getCurrentApplication()}<else />forums</if>]=1" base="public"}' accesskey='2'>{$this->lang->words['view_new_posts']}</a></li>

to

<li><a href='{parse url="app=core&amp;module=search&amp;do=<if test="ncmember:|:$this->memberData['member_id']">new_posts<else />active</if>&amp;search_filter_app[forums]=1" base="public"}' accesskey='2'>{$this->lang->words['view_new_posts']}</a></li>

And that will do what you want.

Jason
IPS Support

It's not a "New Posts" link, but it does link to the new posts regardless of what section you're in.

It's not a "New Posts" link, but it does link to the new posts regardless of what section you're in.

Can I see that on a forum somewhere as a guest? Or a screen shot? I'm incredibly interested.

Grin, thanks for that :) I worked out the self same thing myself yesterday afternoon, still not as good as in vB but it works!

• 2 months later...

Any ideas as to how to change this on 3.1?

<li><a href='{parse url="app=core&module=search&do=<if test="ncmember:|:$this->memberData['member_id']">new_posts<else />active</if>&search_filter_app[forums]=1" base="public"}' accesskey='2'>{$this->lang->words['view_new_posts']}</a></li>

Will still work.

1. Find

<li><a href='{parse url="app=core&amp;module=search&amp;do=<if test="ncmember:|:$this->memberData['member_id']">new_posts

2. Follow it through the end until you see </li>

3. Replace it with what I quoted above.

Archived