Framework Feature Requests.

stoo2000

I've got a couple requests from a developers point of view.

[*]Would it be possible to build support in for Javascript, just like we have already for CSS, it would make it far easier for modifying & distributing. It really seems like a common sense expansion of the system too. [*]Member profile tabs, Could these be moved into the extensions directory of the application, again easier to distribute we can just package the applications own directory. Mark seems to agree with this one too :thumbsup:

For #1, you're talking about distribution right? If so, what are you looking for exactly? Seems easy enough to just include a /public/js/myfile.js file without having the framework deal with it at all, but perhaps there's something you're looking for I'm not thinking of?

#2 - think that's already done for 3.1

For #1, you're talking about distribution right? If so, what are you looking for exactly? Seems easy enough to just include a /public/js/myfile.js file without having the framework deal with it at all, but perhaps there's something you're looking for I'm not thinking of?

It's easier to instruct a user to upload a particular folder to admin/applications_addon/other/ than to ask them to upload x,y,z to multiple places. It's mainly just for ease of distribution and installation.

#2 - think that's already done for 3.1

Great :)

It's easier to instruct a user to upload a particular folder to admin/applications_addon/other/ than to ask them to upload x,y,z to multiple places. It's mainly just for ease of distribution and installation.

It's hard to do that for public files (like your JS). The path to it includes the admin directory, which would be exposed in the viewable source.

It's hard to do that for public files (like your JS). The path to it includes the admin directory, which would be exposed in the viewable source.

It's not that hard really, considering the CSS files are cached to the public folders already...

The difference is, CSS is managed in the database (ACP look and feel tab) while javascript isn't, so it's entirely 100% pointless for us to do this, except to prevent you from saying "upload this javascript file to public/js/? That seems like a lot of effort on our part with no real benefit. ;)

The difference is, CSS is managed in the database (ACP look and feel tab) while javascript isn't, so it's entirely 100% pointless for us to do this, except to prevent you from saying "upload this javascript file to public/js/? That seems like a lot of effort on our part with no real benefit. ;)

Fair enough, you told me to post a new request, because it wouldn't take much on your part :whistle: :lol:

Archived