Reputation Suggestions

Invisiοnist

Hey there IPS, I wish to make a suggestion about this new reputation I saw in the blog, this is really excellent and I do love this idea much, but I hope for another small feature:

Can you add the option to view all reputation in the users CP. So that they can see all of the posts they have been rep-ed for and the comments for them. If possible a tab for your last rep-ed comments would be pretty awesome as well, seeing as VB doesn't have that option and it would be a nice addition.

post-152438-126844161984_thumb.png

Also, The option to allow users to see WHO gave them rep. They can see the comments but not the user-- that would be nice as well since alot of people who know who rep-ed them end up abusing the system.

It's safe to say that we will be expanding the reputation system in the future, although it's not been decided what that will entail. Now that there is an option to view who rep'd a post, it probably does make sense to include a User CP page to cover the entire system.

It's safe to say that we will be expanding the reputation system in the future, although it's not been decided what that will entail. Now that there is an option to view who rep'd a post, it probably does make sense to include a User CP page to cover the entire system.

Perhaps even a widget for the profiles? So that each user can decide if they want to display their last X numbers of reputation given to them so everyone else can see. If they only want to show it to friends they can set that in the permissions.

Something like in below attachment would be much helpful. Everyone likes to know who thanked him and for what reason. In below attachment it shows thread as NA because those topics doesn't exist anymore or else you can see for what post you got rep for and from whom.

post-149130-126876888267_thumb.jpg

Taken from here:
http://slickdeals.net/forums/

Thanks for this, I hope it will happen soon, another good suggestion is to have an option to sort replies to a thread VIA the top rep. If its a forum area for advice and such its like getting the best answers first you know? It's almost like yahoo answers in this sense. :thumbsup:

• 3 years later...

I think that it's extemely important that if someone is given rep that they supply a reason for given rep, even more important when negative rep is being supplied. An option to require comments to rep or not should also be made available within the reputation system.

Also within the post, you can click to see who supplied rep but it would be great to see the reasons as to why it was supplied here as well as the users profile.

Supplying reputation is great but it needs to have an option as to why the rep was given.

In the profile you just add the appropriate link. I can't say what you'd need to do in a hook (probably something similar - edit a skin template).

Post in the appropriate peer help forum and I'm sure someone can guide you to the changes you need to make. They're reasonably simple (at least for the profile).

Archived