Download: (SOS31) Easy Topic Moderation v1.0.1

Adriano Faria

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Okay then what about adding this to the mod

Copy Topic doesnt seem to copy polls ? Can this be added. Other than that, excellent mod and works great.

Also is it possible that your mod can be modified so only root admin group could access to this mod?

I really don't want moderators to be able to rename or copy topics.

I have IPB 3.0.5 / PHP 5 / MySQL 5 / WinNT.

- Function for changing of authorship does not works. When I try to use it, it opens form for inserting of new user name. Then it redirects me to index board without changes.

- Function for copying of topic actually does works, but it will create just first post in topic and it does not copy other posts. After completing a form it will cause database error.

It is possibly about strict mode in WinNT. Could you help me to fix it?

Thank you alot for your time and help :)

I have the same problem, renaming author does not work

You saying that your SuperModerators can't access Admin CP and because of that, they can't use this hook ?

If so, open XML file of this hook + PHP files in upload folder and change all occurrences of g_access_cp to g_is_supmod.

Now they can use the hook.

aawhh worked like a charm thanks dear ;)

The Copy Topic part doesn't work. It only copies the first post which is useless. Will this be fixed?

It's woking in my board.

That tells me alot than doesn't it? What could be causing the issue that it wouldn't work on my board?

I can also confirm that on my board (IPB 3.1.2) I also only get the first post copied, when I do "copy topic" - while we are all very grateful for those who code mods and share them with the community (especially when they are free!), it would still be nice for them to work properly! Any chance you could look into the problem a bit, please?

Dave

I can also confirm that on my board (IPB 3.1.2) I also only get the first post copied, when I do "copy topic"

It's not a bug 'cause it's not programmed to copy REPLIES! It's programmed to copy the first post, which is the topic in itself!

I really see NO SENSE in copy a topic with all posts! Can't see a real use for that!

I really see NO SENSE in copy a topic with all posts! Can't see a real use for that!

Well, you may not, but others do.

Also, you didn't make it clear that it only copies the first post of the topic in your documentation

Let me explain why it would be useful for me (and others too).

I run an art forum, and we have threads where we have a mixture of detailed technical replies, and chat - its useful to be able to copy the whole topic into a second board and edit out the chat responses, so that we end up with a short concise thread which contains only the solid information for reference use later - while also retaining in the original thread the whole discussion including chat, so that members don't feel that their contributions are unappreciated.

Also, we have occasional situations where arguments break out (artists are an argumentative and anarchic group, in general!) and it is useful to store away a copy of the entire thread before doing edits of offensive content on the public thread.

So its helpful for consolidating educational content, and its helpful for retaining an intact copy of material removed by moderators, in the context of the entire thread.

Well, you may not, but others do.

Also, you didn't make it clear that it only copies the first post of the topic in your documentation

Let me explain why it would be useful for me (and others too).

I run an art forum, and we have threads where we have a mixture of detailed technical replies, and chat - its useful to be able to copy the whole topic into a second board and edit out the chat responses, so that we end up with a short concise thread which contains only the solid information for reference use later - while also retaining in the original thread the whole discussion including chat, so that members don't feel that their contributions are unappreciated.

Also, we have occasional situations where arguments break out (artists are an argumentative and anarchic group, in general!) and it is useful to store away a copy of the entire thread before doing edits of offensive content on the public thread.

So its helpful for consolidating educational content, and its helpful for retaining an intact copy of material removed by moderators, in the context of the entire thread.

I agree 100%. I was mislead about this mod too. I want this to be a next feature in the next version of this mod.

Honestly, I have no intention of adding it to this hook; or copy attachment or polls! I still see no sense on it. It would be good for you ? Great! But not for many others... It's just like IPS and IPB! I have thousand features that would make my job extremely easy but IPS don't add this to the IPB package because they have no use or purpose for the vast majority. Of course, I suggested a few times. That's how this hook is; if it's not good enough for you guys, sorry... just don't use it. [url=" another hook out there that makes what you want; it's paid, of course, but that's how things works: if you want something really custom, you'll have to pay for it.

When and if a bug appears someday, I can go back and add those new features. I can't simply stop what I'm doing to add this...

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Adriano,

Can you please confirm if this mod will work with 3.1.4 and will also be able to change the author of a post within a topic if the author of the main topic is different. I'm looking to do both, be able to change topic author and post author if different.

If it does not I would gladly pay you to modify for this.

Thank you,
JB

Yes, as I told a few times before in this topic, it works and I'm using on my 3.1.4 live board.

Hmmmm, I read all the postings on this topic and nothing was mentioned on 3.1.4 but thank you for confirming.

What about;

To changing author replies to a post if the author is different than the one that started the topic?

If it does not I would gladly pay you to modify for this.

Thank you.
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Adriano, i have a problem. This mod worked flawlessly until i changed the default app from =forums to =ccs.

/**

* Default app name

* You can set this in your own scripts before 'initdata.php' is required.

*/

if ( ! defined( 'IPS_DEFAULT_PUBLIC_APP' ) )

{

define( 'IPS_DEFAULT_PUBLIC_APP', 'ccs' );

}

The Change Topic Author doesnt work. I'm pretty sure this is the issue, or it might be that i activated FURL.
I do think the IP.Content change is the issue though, since i had the same problem when i set the old Portal as the default IPB app.

It looks like it works but when i enter a new author and press 'send' it redirects me to the board index and nothing is saved.
Everything els seem to work in the menu though.

I'm using 3.1.4.

Sorry, I can't get it to work with 3.1.4 completely.
`
Change author: works fine
Copy topic: works fine
Move topic: Seems to work, but clicking th eMove thsi topic button results in: Fatal error: Call to a member function topicMove() on a non-object in /home/fpnadmin/public_html/forum/admin/applications/forums/modules_public/moderate/moderate.php on line 2518
Delete topic: doesn't work, results in an error screen with the message: [#4030] You appear to have submitted an invalid forum.
Rename topic: seems to work, but the fields aren't all displayed properly. When trying to edit, however, I do get a database error (driver error).
Set invisible: generates a driver error straight away.
Pin topic: Fatal error: Call to a member function topicPin() on a non-object in /home/fpnadmin/public_html/forum/admin/applications/forums/modules_public/moderate/moderate.php on line 885
Close topic:Fatal error: Call to a member function topicClose() on a non-object in /home/fpnadmin/public_html/forum/admin/applications/forums/modules_public/moderate/moderate.php on line 1966

Any ideas, tips or suggestions?

Thank you in advance!

Kindest regards,
Wim

Archived