Community

How to determine my CD/DVD drive age?

If you had the serial you could potentially look it up on the vendor's website
But that too requires physically removing the drive and looking it. Mind as well just look for the Date of Manufacture. But if the drive still functions as advertise why worry about when it's manufactured?

Is Driver Assembly date reliable to look off of? And Dan I honestly worry because I pay for a "brand new" laptop and expect new parts; not used, refurbished, or watever. I already had the issue of them adding a close to 10 year old drive before, so now I wanna make sure they put something newer.

Is Driver Assembly date reliable to look off of? And Dan I honestly worry because I pay for a "brand new" laptop and expect new parts; not used, refurbished, or watever. I already had the issue of them adding a close to 10 year old drive before, so now I wanna make sure they put something newer.

No, it has nothing to do with hardware just when the Driver was made, and that's a generic drive you have there so

Well I will research how to remove my drive out and hopefully that works out. Any other alternatives just in case?

This is a laptop drive correct? Is there not a button in or around the drive that will let you detach it from the bezel so you can find the manu. date? Most laptops I've used have this.