Download: MUDD - Multi UserAccount Detector v.1.0.1

The Geek

Hi mate - have reloaded this, and there are no more issues with the white screen, so all's good - that php error btw - was an issue with the recent topics mod
:ph34r:

Anyway - on the new version, when Mudd triggers Initially I think, it tags the reported login onto an existing reported item id..

ie - if there was an existed rid=1 from a reported topic, the newly created MUDD detection is attaching iteself to that rid. Not sure if it's a join issue with the reporting tables sql, but just a heads up anyway...

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Ron,

Once a report has been made, MUDD tries to reuse that same report where possible so you don't get new reports for every instance of the same accounts on the same computer. If the report gets whitelisted, the accounts move to another computer OR cookies get cleaned off, then MUDD will start a new report when a trip occurs.

Is that what you mean?

Thanks Ron,

Once a report has been made, MUDD tries to reuse that same report where possible so you don't get new reports for every instance of the same accounts on the same computer. If the report gets whitelisted, the accounts move to another computer OR cookies get cleaned off, then MUDD will start a new report when a trip occurs.

Is that what you mean?

Hmm - not sure..

I've got a reported post, "Joe Bloggs Loves VB" which has rid=1 - since resolved, however the first Mudd detection, looks to have used the rid=1 and attached itself to the "Joe Blooggs Loves VB" report...Leastways, that's how it showed in Report Center, it wasn't labelled as MUDD # 1 (if you understand ? :D)

Anyway - ^^ is probably as clear as mud lol

When saving the settings under "Plugin Manager" I get this error:

===================================================

Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 06:29:39 +0000

Error Number: 1366

Error: Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'lockd' at row 1

IP Address: 125.238.240.144

Debug: array (

1 =>

array (

'file' => 'C:Inetpubvhostsdefaulthtdocs_forumsips_kernelclassDb.php',

'line' => 1104,

'function' => 'query',

'class' => 'db_driver_mysql',

),

3 =>

array (

'file' => 'C:Inetpubvhostsdefaulthtdocs_forumsadminapplicationscoremodules_adminreportreports.php',

'line' => 391,

'function' => 'update',

'class' => 'db_main_mysql',

),

4 =>

array (

'file' => 'C:Inetpubvhostsdefaulthtdocs_forumsadminapplicationscoremodules_adminreportreports.php',

'line' => 78,

'function' => '_editPlugin',

'class' => 'admin_core_report_reports',

),

5 =>

array (

'file' => 'C:Inetpubvhostsdefaulthtdocs_forumsadminsourcesbaseipsController.php',

'line' => 291,

'function' => 'doExecute',

'class' => 'admin_core_report_reports',

),

)

mySQL query error: UPDATE rc_classes SET onoff=1,group_can_report='',mod_group_perm=',4,6,7,',extra_data='a:1:{s:13:"section_title";s:34:"Multi UserAccount Detection Dinger";}',lockd='' WHERE com_id=6

===================================================

Using proxy servers or multiple browsers is pretty hard to come up with positive matches for.

From what I understand, the (already requested) feature of using a flash cookie would prevent that, cause to my understanding those are stored in a folder related to the Flash installation, not the browser. Thus, they get not removed by the browser. There is a hook out there that does deploy exactly that technology...

http://community.invisionpower.com/files/file/2847-duplicate-members-logger-v100/

However, your hook is better and more neatly integrated, it would be really a treat if you would extend functionality by this little tidbit... Cause this could also grab users that have been banned and create a new account after a few days I think.
  • 2 weeks later...

My Admin guy that looks after new accounts really loves this mod. However a couple of issues he had drawn to my attention:

1. Clicking on the red minus button / "Delete this entry" doesn't do anything.

2. All comments to the report get wiped when 'Add to Whitelist' is activated.

3DKiwi

Just clear up for the noobs, i.e. MUDD#1 has first user listed, under that is second user listed. Is the first person the original login and the second person is the persons name they logged into as?

My confusion is I believe one of my members is logging in as another member from time to time. I have not confronted him due to wanting to know the facts how this works. Thank for the help.

Ok so who logged into whos account? I would understand it as the second listing(name) logged into the same ip as the first listing(as its unknown)

So,
Delete entry Add user to whitelist SCE_Foxy69
Delete entry Add user to whitelist Mar 14 2010 04:52 PM SCE_Soultear 174.xx.xx.xxx Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.2) Gecko/20100115 Firefox/3.6

In this case Soul logged into Foxys account?

I'm not getting any reports showing up (which seems unlikely LOL).

Who should be selected in the "Groups that can submit reports" option area?

I even tested it with my test account (and taking Admin off the whitelist) and the table for _mudd_outs has an entry for me going in and out of both accounts, but there is no report in the forum about it.

Ok so who logged into whos account? I would understand it as the second listing(name) logged into the same ip as the first listing(as its unknown)

So,

Delete entry Add user to whitelist SCE_Foxy69

Delete entry Add user to whitelist Mar 14 2010 04:52 PM SCE_Soultear 174.xx.xx.xxx Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.2) Gecko/20100115 Firefox/3.6

In this case Soul logged into Foxys account?

SCE_Foxy69 was the first user on that computer when SCE_Soultear then logged into the site on the same computer and browser.

Basically the trip doesn't happen until someone different logs on to the site with a different username. Then it will show as above.

HTHs

I'm not getting any reports showing up (which seems unlikely LOL).

Who should be selected in the "Groups that can submit reports" option area?

I even tested it with my test account (and taking Admin off the whitelist) and the table for _mudd_outs has an entry for me going in and out of both accounts, but there is no report in the forum about it.

Don't worry about who can submit reports... its who can view them that is important.

Also mudd_outs is a history of recent log outs for cookie clearers. Are there any entries in the mudd table?

Don't worry about who can submit reports... its who can view them that is important.

Also mudd_outs is a history of recent log outs for cookie clearers. Are there any entries in the mudd table?

Nope, mudd table is empty. I guess that is a good thing.

SCE_Foxy69 was the first user on that computer when SCE_Soultear then logged into the site on the same computer and browser.

Basically the trip doesn't happen until someone different logs on to the site with a different username. Then it will show as above.

HTHs

AHH that clears it up... THANK YOU!
  • 2 weeks later...

Just installed and the little dinger flashed me a red report and the first multi was caught with his pants down within 30 minutes of installing. It was 100% accurate because I'm also running another multi account hack not released by the developer, one which he upgraded from the 2.x.x series. Alas it has a few bugs and the guy has lost interest I think, which is why I'm looking to latch on to another.

I look forward to your next release and appreciate the time and effort spent on a valuable addition to my board. :thumbsup:

Thanks Ron, aware of this but decided I would focus on getting version 2 out instead of spending time fixing this the couple of issues in this one. Bare with me - should have it out some time next week and FWIW, I think everyone is going to be really jazzed with it :)

Archived