Download: MUDD - Multi UserAccount Detector v.1.0.1

The Geek

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

erm, line 242 on mine reads >> return $notify(); :unsure:

and is named mudd_report.php

Sorry, my bad. That is all correct (typos for super fast typing rushing out the door :) )
Try changing it to just:

return $notify;

and let me know.

Surely line 290 of mudd_report.php should be:

require_once( IPS_ROOT_PATH . "sources/classes/member/mudd_functions.php");

Instead of:

require_once( DOC_IPS_ROOT_PATH . "admin/sources/classes/member/mudd_functions.php");

As people can rename the admin directory, so if they have then it will fail currently ;).

Same as lines 373 and 533 in the 'import_this_hook.xml' file.

Performing these edits makes it work on my install (with a relocated admin folder), otherwise it produces an error at login.

Thanks Tomato, will change that at this end.

Working fine for me except when logging back in while testing between two accounts. I receive the following error message but I am actually logged in when I click the forums or banner.

Are you sure you've uploaded the files to the correct locations. Also if you renamed your admin folder, see tomatos post above.

Although having said that - I've just logged in with both accounts I have, and nothing has tripped....

The most common reason for not tripping is that the report plugin isn't set up to allow you to see the reports.
On your settings tab in your admin page under Report Centre->Plugins you need to edit the MUDD plug in settings to set who can view the reports.

HTHs

Are you sure you've uploaded the files to the correct locations. Also if you renamed your admin folder, see tomatos post above.

Yes I'm sure and no the admin folder wasn't renamed. I was/am able to trip it off without any problems. The image that I posted above was for a user that would log back in after it tripped.

Thanks Geek - I checked but it was set up for Mods n Admins to view, so I guess that's not it.

PS - Good to see you over at IPB, I only just moved away from VB last week, tho your ame mod was top of my list when I was there :)

Thanks Ron :)

Can you check the following tables in the DB to see if the data is getting written?

mudd
mudd_details

rc_report

You should be able to see relevant entries in there.

Problem solved by that small edit geek, nice work m8 and many thanks for the mod and help :D :thumbsup:

My pleasure, sorry for the typo :)

Yes I'm sure and no the admin folder wasn't renamed. I was/am able to trip it off without any problems. The image that I posted above was for a user that would log back in after it tripped.

hmmmm. is this reproducible?

Okay - that kind of worked.

Removed guests - and logged in using IE with one nonadmin a/c and another in FF...

The FF account when I signed in, got the white screen of death (nothing appeared)...clicked back andlogged back in as my admin...the first two reports had attached themselves to previous reported post items...the third has created a MUDD #3 entry.

Something's not quite right - both id's are registered members - but even though Admins are in the whitelist, the MUDD flagged the alert as having coming off my admin one (which to me sounds like it's a browser recognition thing, as the IE one went unnoticed)...

Hope that helps track the bug down ?

Hmmm. odd Ron. Technically logging in with another browser will not trip because the user agent strings are separate though I can tweak the functionality to match by IP only, thats not perfect either. This is designed to catch people logging out and then back in under another username (generally using the same browser). Using proxy servers or multiple browsers is pretty hard to come up with positive matches for.

Now, I suspect the reason the admin was showing as part of the trip is because one of the tracking cookies may have been set before the whitelist was in effect. Then when the other user comes on, it triggers it as part of the process.

Can you review your error logs around the time of the white screen? That is the part that is most confusing for me.

TIA!

When they log in - the link jumps to /index.php?app=core&module=global&section=login&do=process and the white screen appears..only in FF.

It doesn't generate an error log entry - best way I can describe it, is like when your apache needs restarted....

Edit - it does it in IE8 as well, generating a 500 error

This error (HTTP 500 Internal Server Error) means that the website you are visiting had a server problem which prevented the webpage from displaying.

It doesn't generate an error log entry - best way I can describe it, is like when your apache needs restarted....

Edit - it does it in IE8 as well, generating a 500 error

This error (HTTP 500 Internal Server Error) means that the website you are visiting had a server problem which prevented the webpage from displaying.

That error should write an entry in your apache error log. Ill can't duplicate it yet - but will see if I can bottom it out tonight

Hi, can you tell me what the difference between your mod and the following mod is please?

[url="http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/300584-duplicate-members-logger-v100/"]http://community.inv...rs-logger-v100/[/url]

I currently have the above mod installed. Does yours add anything different / new?

Thanks

Hey Seax, haven't seen that one before. Its a very similar concept, but it does it in a different way. Other than that - not sure without looking closer into it. Maybe someone that has used both can comment.

HTHs!

Ok mod installed and working great, however I'd like to set this up so only myself (admin) can view the report. Currently although I only have myself as having the permission to view, the moderators can still see the report. Any way to change this?

Take the mods out of the report plugin settings:
AdminCP -> Settings Tab -> Reports Section -> Report Plugins -> Edit Mudd and choose the usergroups that can view reports

Can this be used to see if people log in from another IP that resolves to no where near their usual location?

No, this doesnt do this :(

Hello, nice mod.

Btw I cant add a single user into the white list...

I tried many times but the ibf_mudd_whitelist still have 0 entries.

Just found that bug and fixed it in 1.0.1
Once you upgrade the package, go into a report and whitelist the actual report (which will cause the report to get rebuilt). You can then unwhitelist the report and from that point everything should work as intended ;)

HTHs

Updated package to 1.0.1 to fix a couple of bugs:

18/2/10 - v. 1.0.1

- Fixed notification bug. Notifications aren't set up, however it won't bug out now if you do have them active
- Fixed path for those who have admin folder renamed
- Fixed bug that prevented user being added to whitelist

Archived