IPB 3.1.X will have IPB 2.3.6 Classic Blue Skin?

donpetru

Hello,

I think for some time to do update to version IPB3, but... are constantly doubtful for several reasons, such as:

1. Some time watching this forum and still have not read a message from IPB to say that IPB 3.1.x if have skin clasic blue IPB 2.3.6??? Now, no longer can select this skin, in this forum. Or the skin is only visible for users with active IPB license? Not really understand too well.
2. I would like to know if IPB 3.1.x will be included Auto Birthday Message ?

Best regards

I think the option Auto Birthday Message is very important. It is option that will keep a much tighter connection between community members even if a user no longer visit the forum a long time. So, should be inserted in the main features of the IPB 3.1.X. forum.

Fishfish0001, you can show me where I can download skin blue classic for IPB 3.0 ? I have not found this skin.

Also, you should include otherwise old mod: Members Online Today and the opportunity to view in the index page of the admin control panel, where users and visitors at a time browsing forums (as in phpBB).

You know, for example, only in Romania, with the passage of the IPB 3.0, in the last 3 months have lost 20 possible buyers IPB license for lack of these facilities but also because, a reason often invoked seen on other forums, in the new IPB 3 is very difficult and the difference between sticky topics and that are not sticky.

I think the option Auto Birthday Message is very important. It is option that will keep a much tighter connection between community members even if a user no longer visit the forum a long time. So, should be inserted in the main features of the IPB 3.1.X. forum.

Most automated messages are better off as mods. One of the most annoying things is to get an auto generated greeting upon joining a board. What am I going to be told in that private message that couldn't have been told to me in the registration email? If it's to tell me the features of the board and how to use them (for people who haven't used a board before), then it's assuming that I know how to read private messages. That right there is a catch-22.

Also not everyone likes to be reminded that their tails are another year closer to the grave. Some sites like to do it and it's all cool because that's one of the things that makes the site have its own personality. But it's better off as an add-on feature and not a core one.

Fishfish0001, you can show me where I can download skin blue classic for IPB 3.0 ? I have not found this skin.

http://community.invisionpower.com/files/file/2749-classic-skins-100-beta-2/

Also, you should include otherwise old mod: Members Online Today and the opportunity to view in the index page of the admin control panel, where users and visitors at a time browsing forums (as in phpBB).

You know, for example, only in Romania, with the passage of the IPB 3.0, in the last 3 months have lost 20 possible buyers IPB license for lack of these facilities but also because, a reason often invoked seen on other forums, in the new IPB 3 is very difficult and the difference between sticky topics and that are not sticky.

Any automated greeters (auto greeting on registration, auto greeting on birthday, etc.) do not have wide enough appeal to justify the development time. Additionally, virtually every version has a modification available that covers the functionality, so you can still achieve the same functionality by installing a third party addon.

It's understandable that this functionality is important to you, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's important to everyone. :)

bfarber, I agree with you, but I think over 50% of those who bought IPB forum would like to have included Auto Birthday Message! :cool:
IPB 2.3.X classic Skin must be kept near IPB3, as for example new Windows has kept the classic theme.

Wolfie, classic skin can be downloaded only by users who have active IPB license? Am I right?

And then, the problem: updates. A site with many visitors and traffic, not much is cost effective to update. And you know why. Since URLs will be others and traffic will fall sharply and less money on advertising. To eliminate this risk, I recommend that when you go to IPB4 (and then we get), will not need to change the form URLs. So...?

• Management

bfarber, I agree with you, but I think over 50% of those who bought IPB forum would like to have included Auto Birthday Message! :cool:

I love when people quote made-up statistics. I find that 98.7365% of the time they are wrong :)

Personally, I find auto birthday messages the most annoying thing ever. It's like being email-bombed on your birthday. Of course I find birthdays rather annoying too so it might just be me.

Wolfie, classic skin can be downloaded only by users who have active IPB license? Am I right?

Yep.

I love when people quote made-up statistics. I find that 98.7365% of the time they are wrong :)

Didn't you know that 87.34% of all statistics are made up?

Personally, I find auto birthday messages the most annoying thing ever. It's like being email-bombed on your birthday. Of course I find birthdays rather annoying too so it might just be me.

I find it to be rather impersonal, because it's not a person sending it out to say it, it's automated, just like a bill. Be different if a person was typing up each individual birthday message, with some added feature being to remind them and even make it easier for them. But I know that when I get a birthday message from many/most sites, it's automated and I don't feel like sending any kind of thanks for it.

Wolfie, each believes that he, but I do not understand why it is so hard to include in the ACP this tool: Auto Birthday Message! This option can be activated at any time, the choice, but will not be bought in addition to license IPB. It is not that hard!!! And just be done with the classic theme IPB 2.3.X. in IPB3. Yours should do a poll?

But notice that no one commented on my words above, I quote:

And then, the problem: updates. A site with many visitors and traffic, not much is cost effective to update. And you know why. Since URLs will be others and traffic will fall sharply and less money on advertising. To eliminate this risk, I recommend that when you go to IPB4 (and then we get), will not need to change the form URLs.

And I ask: Tell me a reason even as a high traffic site to make upgrading to IPB3? You have a risk? May lose money on advertising just to change the look of the site?

And I ask: Tell me a reason even as a high traffic site to make upgrading to IPB3? You have a risk? May lose money on advertising just to change the look of the site?

Nobody can answer this for you. If you believe that IPB3 is right for you, by all means upgrade. If not, you are not forced to upgrade.

There are many reasons we can give you why IPB3 is improved over IPB2, but I don't gather this is what you're looking for exactly.

Archived