Great Refund Serivce IPS [NOT!]

Nevo

Psst: Go use the demo first.

I dont need it for Content, i know what it is and how good it is. :)

I was planning on buying it in the future, but i guess nows the perfect chance to get it.

probably your best bet is to reply to the ticket and if the offer is still there, I am sure they will credit the $50 towards it :)

Yea, made the reply now. Now to begin playing the waiting game.

etantrum?

Im sure you would have the same thing after trying for 2 days to get your money back. Besides, all ive done was created a topic with lots of dissatisfaction. Nothing else. No harm was made in the creation of the topic.

With paypal you can pretty much always get a refund,
with that said yes peoples ethics are different and I can see someone expecting to get a refund when some may not.
Yes software can be copied after downloading but if IPB uses that approach to defend all its claims of a non return policy, customers are going to feel that they are non trusted thief's.

Heck I would be embarrassed asking for a refund in this case but I do believe that a return policy is a good thing, even if its just credit which IPB did.

I have to say is outstanding Invision Power!

I don't think the original poster would get the refund from paypal, I have seen loads of instances where because the goods that was brought was intangible (i.e virtual and not physical) then they would side on the sellers of the compliant.

IPS can very easily argue and even post a link to this thread as evidence showing that the OP downloaded the product and was in receipt of goods before changing there mind, so they will side on IPS and not the OP.

The best option would be to get a credit note of which is being offered.

cap

You right, it was my mistake not trying the Demo first, but thats in the past now. Whats present is me trying to get my money back for a product im not going to use because it sucks.

Edit: And whos the stupid butthole surfer who keeps putting my posts as negative. Honestly.

No need to be rude to fellow members.

Then I'ma go to Paypal and get my Money back. :)

Good luck then.

I wasn't originally going to reply to this, but the OP's attitude just frustrated me so much >_<

To be honest, at the end of the day, you made a complete impulse buy. Be a man and accept that you were foolish enough to purchase an ONLINE INTANGIBLE GOOD without doing any research into it.

I advise you re-read some of your previous posts and have a long hard think about the image you're creating for yourself ;)

Then I'ma go to Paypal and get my Money back. :)

You will not get your money back due to the agreement of which you signed up to. And all the agreements is pretty much the same in all parts of the world, but is slightly worded differently.

The main points on why you will not get the money back from Paypal is the following:-

What is Significantly Not as Described (SNAD)?

An item is Significantly Not as Described if it is materially different than what the seller described in the item listing. Here are some examples:

* You received a completely different item. Example: You purchased a book and received a DVD or an empty box.

* The condition of the item was misrepresented. Example: The listing said "new" and the item was used.

* The item was advertised as authentic but is not authentic.

* The item is missing major parts or features which were not disclosed in the listing.

* You purchased three items from a seller but only received two.

The item was damaged during shipment.

An item is not Significantly Not as Described if it is materially similar to the seller

I'm still laughing more at the fact the original poster kept demanding their money back and threatening IPS publicly they'll use PayPal's dissolution but didn't in the first place probably because they knew PayPal wouldn't but wanted IPS to heed to their demands and give the money back to think they could cheat the system. Furthermore, if you were refunded the full amount, how would you give back your downloaded copy back to IPS? You could delete the file but how would anyone know for sure you did and deleted all the other copies you may have around on your PC. It's pretty obvious with this in mind why IPS would have such terms in their agreements as it would be impossible to manage refunds that way.

I mean if everyone bought something, downloaded their purchase, then demanded a refund; what would the point being in making a sale and making a purchase to begin with? Oh right! Better staff, better service, better products, better security, better demos, better everything which clearly IPS does have unlike most other BBS products. I think I see a trend here.

I love you terms of service!

Buying an item in the store and buying software online are 2 different things. And your wrong about that, i can easily go to say, futureshop, buy a computer, open it up, plug it in, dislike it, go back, and say, i want a refund, and they will give me it 100%. Aslong as everything is the way i bought it.

The difference there is that the computer itself is a physical product and usually any included software will only work with that computer, thus copying the software usually won't work quite right. Also, many places charge a restocking fee if a product has been opened and then returned.

With software, be it downloaded or bought on CD/DVD, refunds are more rare. If you own a CD/DVD and open it, then unless the disc is physically damaged before you bought it, you're stuck with it. If it's damaged, you can usually get a replacement disc (of the same software). Same with music and videos, once that disc is opened, it's yours to keep. The reason is very sensible, in that these products can be easily copied/duplicated and thus you can easily keep/use the product even if you've returned the original disc and gotten a refund. Not accusing you of doing that, just the obvious reason for it.

I will go to Paypal and request them to give me back my 50 dollars if i have to. Your not leaving me with any options here. I dont need the Mod. PERIOD. Im trying to be nice and get my point across.

Not at all, the requirement of paypal is dissatisfaction. Im not happy with my purchase so i want my money back. Its that simple.

I don't think the original poster would get the refund from paypal, I have seen loads of instances where because the goods that was brought was intangible (i.e virtual and not physical) then they would side on the sellers of the compliant.

IPS can very easily argue and even post a link to this thread as evidence showing that the OP downloaded the product and was in receipt of goods before changing there mind, so they will side on IPS and not the OP.

As someone else pointed out, the PayPal policy isn't as simple as many people believe. I recently disputed a couple of charges for a service that I paid for. In the end, I got both refunds, as the received service was not as advertised and expected. I was also informed at that time that generally, refunds are harder to obtain when it's for a product/service bought outside of ebay. The reason being that ebay and PayPal are the same company and thus they can look up anything.

The way the dispute process works is that you open a dispute and then IPS gets a chance to respond to the issue. After trying to resolve the issue, you can escalate it to let PayPal make a decision on the issue. It's doubtful you'd get a refund once it's made clear that you could have used the demo and didn't. Additionally, you downloaded the product and it works as advertised (I have IP.Blog myself so I know) and the license agreement states that you can't get a refund. The deck is stacked against you. If you did somehow manage to get a refund, IPS could then go after you legally to get the money back. They could also go the route of affecting your credit or having a judgment placed against you (I forget how it works but basically, something that would show up on a credit report that you have an outstanding balance).

For me, I have each of the products to use for fun. I didn't buy any of them thinking, "OMG, with this, my site will be the most popular place on the internet!" nor did I buy any of them thinking that it would perform exactly as other sites.

I know you've said that you're going for the credit, but just thought I'd mention the above as its a common misconception that simply disputing a transaction will get you a refund, no questions asked.

Im just asking for a damn refund of 50 bucks. I have no use for the damn blog module. You guys are really stressing me out here. I will go to Paypal and request them to give me back my 50 dollars if i have to. Your not leaving me with any options here. I dont need the Mod. PERIOD. Im trying to be nice and get my point across.

The words "Intangible Good" are usually an instant closure in favour of the merchant with PayPal. You could try a credit card chargeback against the payment to PayPal, but the bank would laugh at you before hanging up.

You right, it was my mistake not trying the Demo first, but thats in the past now. Whats present is me trying to get my money back for a product im not going to use because it sucks.

Edit: And whos the stupid butthole surfer who keeps putting my posts as negative. Honestly.

The product doesn't suck at all. The product merely doesn't meet your requirements.

And each member is only allowed one negative reputation points per day. For you to attract 12 negative points, for example, you would need to attract 12 members disposed to issue them to you.

Unless it's an intangible good. Then you're screwed.

I'd like to point out that the blog is actually pretty good. To say the opposite is just unfair.

Id rather get Wordpress and integrate it with IPB. The blog is a failure.

And to everyone else trying to be a smartass in this thread. I could continue stating abunch of things to prove you wrong and how I COULD get Paypal to give me a 100% refund, even with all the crap your saying above, but theres no real point to further go on into this. I got my credit and im happy now. Case closed.

I bid you all a good day for i really dont give a surfers ass about what you whom like to laugh at threads like this think. Your opinion is that of a rock, its just on the ground and i ignore it. ;)

And another thing, ask yourselves the question as to why you even bother replying in this topic if your reply is full of faeces. If you were in my shoes, what would you have done? And dont go, "research into the product, blah blah blah", ive stated above, it was my bad not finding out what a crap module this was before i bought it, but we've moved on and anyways, im just rabbling on now. I got my credit, im happy now. :)

You're sounding like a troll now.

You've made your point so why not move on?

Opposite, ive made my point and i just wanted to reply to those who "laughed" at me apparently for making this thread.

... And i have moved on. ;)

Id rather get Wordpress and integrate it with IPB. The blog is a failure.

The blog serves a very distinct purpose, which is apparently completely different from what you were anticipating. It is not simply a digest for forum admins or whoever to add their thoughts to. If you want Wordpress, perhaps you should get Wordpress, rather than complain about how IP.Blog is not in fact Wordpress itself. I believe there is a converge plugin for it; it wouldn't be too hard to set up. Not fulfilling your expectations, however, does not equate failure.

I assume that by this point you've been granted the exchange for IP.Content. I don't see that there's a whole lot of point in allowing this to continue.

Archived