Download: Personal Access Redirect Screens

capbiker

File Name: Personal Access Redirect Screens
File Submitter: capbiker
File Submitted: 09 Jan 2010
File Category: Hooks and Plugins

This hook will enable you to have a personal message directed towards the user on the redirection screen when they first log in or log out of the website and also have either their username's or display name's at the end of the personal message.

There is also a process bar available for the log in and log out screens.

Click here to download this file

I've never liked this feature in IPB, I mean, what is the purpose with this "Thanks!" popup besides making the login process take longer?

May be a personal custom welcome login message? Kind of like to make your board look different and give them different style of welcome? I haven't yet use this mod but I have seen in one topic people where asking for it.

I've never liked this feature in IPB, I mean, what is the purpose with this "Thanks!" popup besides making the login process take longer?

You actually don't get a pop up saying thanks.

All this hook does is on the redirection screen instead of having the message "your log in as been successful". You can make a more personally message on there. Something like Welcome Back {Member's name}.

I have also done one for the log out screen too, so when the user signs out you can have a message saying sorry you are leaving, "Hope to see you soon {Member's name}.

I know a number of users wanted this from that topic that Alexj said about, so I just created a basic hook for them to let them add it to the board.

But with anything it is down to the admin if they want to add it or not.

cap

Archived