Suggestion - Calendar event should have forum type reply topic structure

media

+1 on calendar updates. I like how the calendar is layed out and how it looks, but think it could be a more central feature to IPB3. Post could be automated based on calendar dates, or users could comment on events. I'm wondering if the calendar could be used to schedule content triggers, emailers, PMs, Blogs, etc.

----> Ideas 'from the web'

"aggregation service for time-based updates from your social sites and for those of your friends. For example, 'the calendar' will put your blog updates, Twitter messages, Upcoming.org calendar items, and Flickr photos on your calendar, as well as those from your friends. Facebook integration is coming soon." .... from a socail networking calendar

"For example, it puts appointments on the calendar but other items (such as RSS feeds and Flickr updates) show up only when your mouse hovers over the dates the items are associated with. That keeps your calendar from becoming a visual assault"

"People are going to need services that aggregate personal data the same way RSS readers aggregate blogs and news stories."

--- just some ideas for Future.IP.Calendar.... :cool:

I would like to see calendar events have same structure as forum topics have...

User can reply to events on calendar view...

:)

Thanks

I have also requested this as a (minimum) feature. Like add an event "Cakes for sales Team on Friday" - and then users can post replies.. "I'll be there... I'll bring beers" etc.

Yes, we can't reply to every single suggestion ever made, but that doesn't mean we don't read them all.

Someone from IPS staff wrote somewhere, that IPS hadn't put much effort in the Calendar because they were under the impression that nobody was using it much.

I think the reason it is not being used much, is that little effort has been put there to add the features we need.
And I would suggest that minimum feature is for users to be able to comment or 'rsvp' to a calendar even. Then I think you will see us all using it.

Thanks
PS: If you haven't heard it before - keep up the good work on this fantastic product!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I too would love the ability for users to RSVP, have the event show on their profile, and publish the event comments in a forum. I also need the ability to import ical or XML into the calendar. If anybody finds a mod for these, please let me know.

• 2 months later...

There is a paid third party modification to have topics for calendar events.

The alternative (and I've done this for years) is to use RSS to export the events and then import them as topics.

I've just added the article here too, you can view it here > http://community.invisionpower.com/resources/articles.html/_/ipboard-3x/tips-and-tricks/creating-a-topic-from-a-calendar-event-r506 ;)

Archived