IPB Calendar Enhancement: Multiple Cal color & show Request

srp

Opening this as a new topic, rather than adding to 3.1 suggestions, to see reactions, posisble add/subtract features/requests to enhance Calendar app.

I'll start with a feature that I am seeing a great use of:

Calendar app should be able to show MULTIPLE calendars at the home page of calendar, at the same time, possibly (option to color calendars) with DISTINCT colors. Let me elaborate with a screenshot:

%7Boption%7D

Now, here, there is only 1 calendar defined, lets call it MAIN calendar. And, as items, it has various categories/calendars, namely US, CAD, EUR, GBP, so on... (yes, you guessed correctlyl this is an Economic Calendar :D )

As it is currently setup in IPB 3.0.x, there is NO way to distinguish which event belongs to which calendar, because ALL have same color.

If IPB Calendar allowed (hopefully will do so in the future) to create seprate calendars for US, EUR, GBP, CAD,..., each carrying its own distinct color (say US gets blue, EUR gets green, so on), AND we can display ALL calendars at the same time (when the Calendar app is clicked by user), it would make it VERY clear and easy to read for users, which event belongs to which category/calendar.

Maybe its possible to do this now, but after a month of usage, I couldn't figure this out (couldn't be done, to my knowledge). Its possible to create different calendars (which get different colors) BUT its NOT possible to display them ALL at the SAME TIME.

Anyone in the same boat, and think this will enhance Calendar?

Thanks

Opening this as a new topic, rather than adding to 3.1 suggestions, to see reactions, posisble add/subtract features/requests to enhance Calendar app.

I'll start with a feature that I am seeing a great use of:

Calendar app should be able to show MULTIPLE calendars at the home page of calendar, at the same time, possibly (option to color calendars) with DISTINCT colors.

And again, I agree with this and would make Calender feature much sexier :D And will also repeat my wish for the option to have each Calender event create a regular topic in a forum of my choice (say "Events") and users can post reponses to this.

Thx.

And again, I agree with this and would make Calender feature much sexier :D And will also repeat my wish for the option to have each Calender event create a regular topic in a forum of my choice (say "Events") and users can post reponses to this.

Thx.

All i would like is for a user to be able to see an event click attending/not attending then it have a total next to the event of people who have said they will be attending etc.

I'm going to say that calendar improvements are one of many features high up on my priorities list. I don't think you're going to see any calendar feature updates in 3.1, I'm afraid, but I'm hopeful we'll see some new functionality for the calendar shortly after that.

I'm going to say that calendar improvements are one of many features high up on my priorities list. I don't think you're going to see any calendar feature updates in 3.1, I'm afraid, but I'm hopeful we'll see some new functionality for the calendar shortly after that.

Nice news - tho we probably all hoping it would come with 3.1. :cool: Question is how shortly is shortly? :D

:thumbsup:

Great

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived