Moderated Chat Feedback

Charles

The example is something like you are a fan site, say music related, and a member of the band your site is about is going to come and do a guest chat session. You would want to moderate that chat so it's not a complete, confusing mess.

The first thought would be to start up a topic weeks in advance (Q & A with the rock star), filter out the good questions, and submit those to the rock star before the interview. They can pick and choose the ones they want to answer for the first 1/2 of the interview, then open it up to other comments.

Then, to me, it would make sense to remove the moderator as the primary person to decide things, and let the rock star see all questions and approve the ones they want to answer. That would give spontaneity to the interview.

So it might work out if all questions are hidden and throttled, and someone can pick and choose the questions that show up. If that is a forum moderator they could be made 'moderator' for a short time if desired. Of course that might mean the private staff forum shows up for the guest if the permissions are not set correctly (I assume).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I love the new Chat and will be upgrading to the 20 user version soon!
One feature I had in my old Chat app when I was on 2.X were sound effects. I know they can be somewhat annoying and most folks here probably don't care for them, but my members really love them! My site has a very specific theme and members really got a kick out of the sound effects I made available.

I love the new Chat and will be upgrading to the 20 user version soon!

One feature I had in my old Chat app when I was on 2.X were sound effects. I know they can be somewhat annoying and most folks here probably don't care for them, but my members really love them! My site has a very specific theme and members really got a kick out of the sound effects I made available.

How did the sound effects work? Did members essentially type in a command (or click a button to have it inserted) and a sound played for everyone after?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Meh, just do it kind of like IRC - when a user is misbehaving, just right click their name and select "silence".
When you want to unsilence them, right click again and "Un-silence"

Then put a switch in the Chat Room ACP saying "Silence on Join? YES/NO" so when events come round you can have auto silence to stop people leaving and rejoining to get around then silence (or voice/devoice).

Archived