Multiple Chat Rooms

Logan

I'd love to see the ability to create multiple rooms within the chat, and have a room listing. Of course continue to have a global limit including all rooms up to the max online users for the package that was purchased.

The reason I want this, is because on my pro photography forum we have 3 major user groups... PrePro, Pro, and Pro-FA. Each with their own category of forums as well. It'd be great if we could create a separate chat room for each, that included a password or included the ability to set per-room group permissions.

Thanks!

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

We will definitely be adding multiple rooms in a future version.

This was one of the key statements that made us switch to the IP Chat. It integrates flawlessly, but yes, it's been 3 years now, and still no multi-room support. Very frustrating.

Avenista, I remember that when IPS was launching IP.Chat. That they said that IP.Chat would support multi chatroom functions as well as private chatrooms. I stopped using it six months after it was released because it didn't offer that option. Now, I use shoutbox and IRC chat on my site, which my community prefers anyway. IP.Chat sounded like a good idea because it was integrated and required to additional accounts to register for but that it never quite lived up to the expectations that I had for it. Not saying I had high expectations but that the functionality we were supposed to have with it never really materialized.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

IRC is killing my forum.  Having multiple chat rooms would allow specific communities, in my forum, to talk specifically about what they wanted.  I would love to see multiple chat rooms.

Also, how much money could people make if they offered subscription levels for specific chatrooms?

• Management
1 minute ago, ucjohn said:

lol 6 years to complete hopefully it's the most feature packed chat system on the market.. But not a resource killer.

We haven't been working on it for 6 years. We said "in a future version." :)

Chat is remotely hosted so the resource usage falls on IPS, not you or your community.

• 6 months later...

Archived