Download: Duplicate Members Logger

PrinceOfAbyss

The idea is that the registration alert is tied to and controlled by the registration setting in a scheme like this:

Allow normal registration -> No log, no alert

Allow registration and ban the the new member -> Log the event, display the alert, and show the event in Banned Registrations

Prohibit the registration -> Log the event, display the alert, and show the event in Prohibited Registrations

Sorry, this is how this part of the app will work.

Of course that does NOT affect the duplicate member logging in ACP. I mean, even if you have set it to allow normal registration and an existing member creates a new account, although an alert won't be triggered in the public side, you will see the existing member and new account as duplicates in ACP.

Ah, so that's what I didn't understand, I thought that when you put it as 'Proceed with account registration' so it won't log any new duplicate accounts?
I thought that when I put it as 'Proceed with account registration' so it's like disabling the app so it won't do nothing.
  • Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah!! :P

You probably didn't pay attention on the underlined word:

"Ie. if you have set that setting to Proceed with account registration, no alert will be displayed, and actually no log will be created about the fraud registration either."

And TBH, I coded this like that, to give admins who won't want the app to be intrusive, a chance to not get any notifications, but manually have a look in the ACP for duplicates.

On Post#175 I asked your opinion about the way I should deal with multiple members registering from the same machine. Ie. when a member is added in the safe list, they can create as many more accounts as they want, without the app to stopping the registrations.

Now, while recoding the duplicates ACP part of the app, I fell in another situation: In this new version duplicate members won't be presented as pairs, but as a whole group of members originating from a specific machine.

So, suppose Machine#1 from which Member#5, Member#9,Member#12 where logged in. The app will now display the duplicates grouped by machines:

For the above example imagine something like this:

Machine#1
=========
Member#5 [option: Ban][option: Delete][option: Exclude]
Member#9 [option: Ban][option: Delete][option: Exclude]
Member#12 [option: Ban][option: Delete][option: Exclude]

Also, note that whichever of the three members you exclude, the rest of the three members won't produce a duplicate entry either.

Now, suppose the following tricky case:

Machine#6 from which Member#10, Member#22,Member#31 where logged in.
Machine#9 from which Member#8, Member#17,Member#31 where logged in.

So, how would I better display these two entries? Gather all 5 members in one row? Or keep it grouped by Machine#ID? I'm not sure which is a better approach...

Alright guys!!! You are all transferred to new version as well.

However, as I've honestly put countless, I mean COUNTLESS, hours of analyzing, coding, debugging etc, it'd be unfair for me to simply update the submission here, and that's also why I've put the new version in a separate submission.

So all of you are transferred to the new one as Expired customers, meaning that you will just have to pay a $5 renewal fee in order to get that version.

The above doesn't mean I'm abandoning this version. So for anyone who is happy with the features this version offers, there is actually no need to upgrade. Additionally, should you find any bug in this version (unlikely to happen), I'll still be happy to resolve this. It's just that no new features will be added to this one.

So, this way I hope everyone stays happy, and I get a little something for ALL the time I've put in the new version. :smile:

I used MUDD in 3.1.4 but it caused a problem with uninstalling it and it left stuff in tables which carried over to an upgrade to 3.3.4. Eventually, most of it was uninstalled but there's still an entry for it in Plugin Manager in Report Centre... :ohmy:

I know your app is now supposed to work with the "Log in as" in ACP, but will it also work with the "Log in as Member" app? We prefer this over the ACP version as it's quicker and easier directly from the forum without having to go through ACP.

About 15% of our members use iPads or iPhones. As the app uses a Flash cookie, I take it won't work for users on iDevices?

Guys please, don't buy this application for the next hour.

A new submission of v3.0.0 is up (though hidden), and I'm transferring customers from one version to the other right now.

I just received another renewal from a member right now, and although I thank him for the support, a mistake may happen, and this involves money. So I'm trying to triple check everything in order to transfer everything right.

So please, don't make my complicated task, more complicated. Just be patient for one more hour.

Alright, everything is sorted now!!!!!

I'm waiting for a MP mod to unhide the new submission, and you will be ready to go really soon.

I'm terribly sorry for the inconvenience of the last two days, but it was a nightmare for me as well. So much frustration...

Hope you enjoy the new version as much as I did creating it! :D

• 1 month later...

Archived