Download: Duplicate Members Logger

PrinceOfAbyss

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The alerts where no other account is linked is because the other account has been deleted. I get this all the time where someone signs up with a joke name. I delete it and they sign up again. The mod detects this. Just a matter of running the cleanup tool to clear these.

The mod works 100% for me.

3DKiwi

Great app,

I do have 2 suggestions:

1. Possibility to exclude member groups or specific members from being logged. If I use the 'login as member' option in the ACP, I get logged as a duplicate of this member even though I am just trying to help this member with his profile settings and/or login problems. Exclusions are no good since those tend to pile up after a year....or longer....

2. Click-able links to the member profiles in the duplicates list.

Regards,

Michel

Good suggestions. I agree.

Another suggestion is when you use the delete member option that the other member doesn't vanish. Often I want to delete that member as well. I've got to remember the name and use the normal member tools to delete the second duplicate member.

3DKiwi

Bummer.... I was hoping my first suggestion would find ground ;)

It is really annoying that I (as administrator of the site) get confused with members that I used the 'login as' function on.

It really should be possible to exclude certain members from writing the 'duplicate-detection-cookie' and therefore being excluded from duplicate logging.

Regards,

Michel

• 2 weeks later...

I'll let the mod author respond to this as it appears to work with Proxies for me. It's detecting a Flash cookie not detecting IP addresses. All a proxy server does is shield your IP address. If the mod doesn't work with Proxies then it's a waste of time as anyone that you ban can come back using a Proxy.

BTW I've banned many of the IP's of proxy's.

3DKiwi

• 3 weeks later...

Just installed version 2.0.0 on IPB 3.2.3 and I'm getting this error when the hook is enabled. If the application is enabled, I do not receive any errors; only when the application AND hook are enabled is when I receive the error.

Fatal error: Call to a member function includeDMLObject() on a non-object in /home/mysite/public_html/forums/hooks/duplicateMembersLoggerHook_c203494131bc70ec2b7f29167f05dae2.php on line 30

I've tried removing and re-installing the application; no luck.

Kurt, I can't reproduce that issue, it's possible that hook file didn't upload properly when you tried installing this. I just installed this app on an IP.Board 3.3.4 test site and the hook installed fine:

%7Boption%7DZ9sHo.png' alt='' class='ipsImage' width" alt="" class="ipsImage" width="1000" height="210">

Archived