Download: Duplicate Members Logger

PrinceOfAbyss

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just my opinion. I think 20$ is overpriced. You can make more money with a price like 5$, cause more people will buy it.

I would not mind to waste 5$ on it, but not 20$.

I agree with this.

I bought a mod for $40 and the support for it was horrid (It has now been mothballed (and it's developer) due to this very reason).

I am happy to pay less for this mod, as long as I wont be paying for any updates, regardless of excuses I continue to hear from developers.

If you reduce the price I will buy it, but not if I have to continue to support your coffee addiction (I have my own and I support it just fine).

If not, I am happy to continue to do my own checks that really don't take that long, that is as effective as this mod.

I agree with this.

I bought a mod for $40 and the support for it was horrid (It has now been mothballed (and it's developer) due to this very reason).

I am happy to pay less for this mod, as long as I wont be paying for any updates, regardless of excuses I continue to hear from developers.

If you reduce the price I will buy it, but not if I have to continue to support your coffee addiction (I have my own and I support it just fine).

If not, I am happy to continue to do my own checks that really don't take that long, that is as effective as this mod.

I bought the last version and got a few weeks worth of use out of it before upgrading to 3.2.3 where it quit working. The author has said that that he contacted ipboard to allow members who paid for the last one to access this one. Though I an not at all sure why he didnt just update the last version. I still don't have any access to the update, but I am hoping that I will soon and my $20 would not have been wasted.

So obviously the support for this mod is not ideal?

If that is the case (I do not see any correspondence by the developer in this thread), I am not sure that I am interested in a dead modification.

All I want here is some correspondence from the developer about my concerns in my above reply, but looks like that it may take to long to get any response.

I do not think it is worth paying for this if a new version is not linked to any of the other versions.

As far as I see it, if you pay for a mod, you get support for it! If not, then remove the payment and provide it for free.

I just do not see that $20 is going to cut it if the developer is not interested in supporting the mod and cant make smart choices for the people who want to support (buy) this mod.

If this is the case, and I do not see any correspondence within the next few days, I will have to report this mod as broken and a clear waste of money.

I just hope for your sake, you get what you paid for! For me, I am still on the fence until I get some reply.

Excuse me people, where in the app/mod/hook submission form is there the term that its author has to stay 24/7 in front of his computer to reply to customers/potential customers?

Also, note that there are currently 3 different places where people are leaving messages to me related to this app. PM's, the submission's comments area, and this support topic. I can't easily track all these 3 different places everyday, and I may forget 1 or 2 for a couple of days.

As for threatening me to report the file as broken, do whatever you want. I have a day job, and really do not rely my coffee or my family's living on this app. I created this for my own forum, and thought it would be nice to share (for a very long period of time even for free) with other admins. I really don't care if it gets deleted, let alone I'm having thoughts about deleting it myself if I read more comments similar to the above.

Finally, Extreame™ I really don't know what to respond to you as I didn't quite well understand your concerns. Are you asking whether this will get cheaper in order for you to buy it? If that's the case, you can continue to manually monitor your members as it's not getting cheaper. If the after sales support is your concern, like I said in the second paragraph, it may take me 1-2 days to respond, but I respond to everyone in the end.

Bit of an aggressive response to some legitimate questions.

All I want to know before I part with my $20 is when IPB 3.3 comes out whether I'll need to shell out another $20 to buy a version that works with that if this version doesn't work. I'm happy to pay $20 now and then say $5 - $10 for an upgrade if and when that's required.

3DKiwi

Lets get something cleared up - I never threatened anyone.

If I see no support being given for a paid modification, I - as a IPB client - are entitled to report this file as broken.

I simply asked (like nearly everyone else) if you were considering lowering the cost of this modification, you have answered that now - thanks. As a potential and possible future customer, I am entitled to ask questions about a modification to protect my interests and investment, as an administrator, these are quite valid and necessary.

I want to be able to get support for my investment, as I have been bitten in the past (as explained above).

I as a potential customer (and a IPB client using their customer marketplace) am entitled to ask if there is support for a modification. I did not see any replies to any question in this support thread.

One customer has stated he cant get his upgrade - you have yet to reply or fix this issue, he is concerned that he may not get what he paid for.

As for the cost/support, these are valid questions, but I think you have answered all my concerns in your last reply.

I do not think I want to purchase your modification.

Thanks.

Bit of an aggressive response to some legitimate questions.

All I want to know before I part with my $20 is when IPB 3.3 comes out whether I'll need to shell out another $20 to buy a version that works with that if this version doesn't work. I'm happy to pay $20 now and then say $5 - $10 for an upgrade if and when that's required.

3DKiwi

I'd say Bit of a defending response to some legitimate but offensively put questions, but that's a matter of point of view.

Like I stated in v1.0.0, all 6 purchasers of it will be able to freely download v2.0.0. It took some time and will take just a liiiiitle more, because mistakenly I submitted a new file instead of updating the old one but that's gonna be resolved. Similarly, if/when v3.0.0 comes out, it will be freely distributed to former purchasers of v1.0.0 and/or v2.0.0.

Lets get something cleared up - I never threatened anyone.

If I see no support being given for a paid modification, I - as a IPB client - are entitled to report this file as broken.

I simply asked (like nearly everyone else) if you were considering lowering the cost of this modification, you have answered that now - thanks. As a potential and possible future customer, I am entitled to ask questions about a modification to protect my interests and investment, as an administrator, these are quite valid and necessary.

I want to be able to get support for my investment, as I have been bitten in the past (as explained above).

I as a potential customer (and a IPB client using their customer marketplace) am entitled to ask if there is support for a modification. I did not see any replies to any question in this support thread.

One customer has stated he cant get his upgrade - you have yet to reply or fix this issue, he is concerned that he may not get what he paid for.

As for the cost/support, these are valid questions, but I think you have answered all my concerns in your last reply.

I do not think I want to purchase your modification.

Thanks.

Some times it doesn't matter what you say, but how you say it... To me, it sounded like a threat.

Where did you see me not supporting people who downloaded/purchased my app? Do I really look like a person who doesn't like to contribute? Currently there are 336 people who use v1.0.0, and only 6 of them paid for it. If you look more carefully in the v1.0.0's support topic from some point they are talking about some MUDD mod. Should I respond to those? It's not my mod, I don't even know it.

And excuse me but it's unfair of you to say that he didn't get what he paid for. He paid for v1.0.0 and got v1.0.0. Nowhere in v1.0.0 description it's mentioned the app is suitable for 3.2. Nowhere is it mentioned there will (would) be a compatibility update for 3.2 either. It may have taken some time to update it, but I did. Nevertheless, I needed it for my forum too, so I found some time last week and did it.

Anyway, let's make some peace now! :)

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Like I stated in v1.0.0, all 6 purchasers of it will be able to freely download v2.0.0. It took some time and will take just a liiiiitle more, because mistakenly I submitted a new file instead of updating the old one but that's gonna be resolved. Similarly, if/when v3.0.0 comes out, it will be freely distributed to former purchasers of v1.0.0 and/or v2.0.0.[/font][/color]

Thanks for clarifying for everyone, as one of the six I think this is very good news. I don't think the $20 is out of line as long as its supported.

A little update on how this will be resolved, according to the guidelines management gave me.

I have already updated v1.0.0 submission with the v2.0.0 file. So with this, the six v1.0.0 purchasers are now able to download the new version for their forums.

Next, I will add the 4 purchasers of the "standalone" v2.0.0 submission to the old submission which now includes both versions. This way those 4 will also be able to get future support, and have access to their files.

Finally, the management will delete the "standalone" v2.0.0 submission. I'm not sure about the way they will delete it, I mean either "merge" this support topic with the old one or completely delete it. It's up to them.

I guess this is the best solution so that everyone stays happy! :)

Even though I still find $20 a bit steep for this app, I bought it because I see the importance for our forums.

I'm afraid it doesn't work though. As soon as I (successfully and without errors) install the app, I get a white page on the forums. Disabling won't help, I have to remove the app completely to get the forums going again.

Can you please help?

Cheers,

Michel

I uploaded the files, installed the APP via ACP.

I don't think there is anything I can do wrong there.

I do use another language (Dutch) andf some other apps. I don't know If that could be the cause.

The app need to be removed completely to get ridd of the white screen errors.

Cheers,

Michel

I just installed on a little older backup of our IP.board that does have the same IP.board version 3.2.3, but less apps and hooks installed.

It does work there and I noticed that upon installation there are 2 template files inserted and on the live forums (the one that fails) there is only 1 template file inserted during installation.

I'm lost now.... I need this to work on our live forums.

Cheers,

Michel

Hello to all.

This file was purchased by 8 people. I added those 8 people to the access list of the older submission I have made, which also contains both versions of the app, so that anyone who purchased v1.0.0 will also be able to download free of charge v2.0.0.

Also, by adding the 8 purchasers of this file to the other one, those ones will also get support and future updates for what they paid for.

So, this topic has no reason of existence anymore. The file that corresponds to it, does not exist anyway. So please, everyone, use this topic instead for question etc.

One question I have is what happens if a spammer signs up multiple accounts but has yet to post so hasn't been picked up / reported. Do only 2 members show on the "Manage duplicates page or do all of the accounts show up?

The mod is working well by the way. I've had several hits already. One suggestion would be an option to delete both members. Currently as soon as you delete one member the other member is no longer shown on the Manage duplicates page.

Thanks
3DKiwi

This is how the app works:

Let's say I sign into your forum with 3 different accounts: PrinceOfAbyss, Test1, Test2.

The app will store the duplicate accounts in the DB into one single row, but will present them in the appropriate page (Manage Duplicates) as 3 discrete "pairs" of Members: PrinceOfAbyss - Test1, PrinceOfAbyss - Test2, and Test1 - Test2.

I could have programmed it to manage all three accounts at the same time, but it may be proven useful under conditions to be able to mark two out of the three accounts as an excluded pair.

Also, for the second part of your question, they just have to sign up/in. They don't have to post anything in order to be reported by the app.

• 1 month later...

Hello, bought and installed the mod, but even if I did a test with my test accounts, it doesn't detect any, and I'm sure (at least I know) that other people use different accounts to be different figures into the forum.
Do I have to manually change something?
As for what I understood, it seems it doesn't work on my site.

Archived