Any other way to remove the old Chat application?

Depotoir

All right, I managed to remove it somehow.

Now, when I click on 'Install', it takes me to the upgrade system and once I click on 'continue', it says everything is allready upgraded...

The version I am using is 3.0.2. It is essential to use 3.0.4 to install the chat?

The ONLY way to uninstall an application is through the ACP, so I'm very confused by your statement.

Is there ANY other way to remove the application other than going through the Admin Panel?

The answer to that would have been "no". You need to go to Manage Applications in the ACP, uninstall the old chat application, and install the new one afterwards (exactly as the pinned topic states).

I have the IPB 3.0.4 and I have never been using chat addons, in my admin section i have 2 old addons (1 addon, 1 parachat). I have been able to remove the old addon chat but the parachat addon says it is a protected addon and cannot be removed. I have downloaded the beta3 addon but no install option appears in the admin section after uploading all the files to the server. is there any way how to make parachat unprotected addon and proceed with the beta3 chat installation? thank u..

I have the IPB 3.0.4 and I have never been using chat addons, in my admin section i have 2 old addons (1 addon, 1 parachat). I have been able to remove the old addon chat but the parachat addon says it is a protected addon and cannot be removed. I have downloaded the beta3 addon but no install option appears in the admin section after uploading all the files to the server. is there any way how to make parachat unprotected addon and proceed with the beta3 chat installation? thank u..

The two chat addons were ONE application. I'm really not following how you'd possibly remove addonchat but not parachat. If you removed the existing chat application, both would be gone.

Were you trying to remove the individual modules? If so, that's not what the instructions said to do. :) You need to uninstall the existing chat APPLICATION.

Under the Installed Applications list i have Chat Services, I clicked on the Chat Services link and got the two addons list, at the right side of each i dropped down the menu and chose remove. Like this the Addon chat was removed but the parachat stays as protected admin module. This is how I got where I am. Is there any way how to be able to remove the original chat completely and install the new beta3 one? (When I drop down the remove application link on the right side of Installed Applications I get database error msg and I am sent back to the forum index)

Under the Installed Applications list i have Chat Services, I clicked on the Chat Services link and got the two addons list, at the right side of each i dropped down the menu and chose remove. Like this the Addon chat was removed but the parachat stays as protected admin module. This is how I got where I am. Is there any way how to be able to remove the original chat completely and install the new beta3 one? thx

There's the problem.

Under the Installed Applications list you don't click on Chat Services first. You click on the button NEXT to chat services (right on the Manage Applications page), and choose "Remove Application".

What you did was enter into the application and tried to remove individual modules. That won't fully remove the application, which is necessary.

OK I understand I did it wrong but now I am trying to get help how can I do it right from the position i got into, how to remove the left-overs, is it any particular record in the database or file that makes the IPB to remember the old chat? Simply what can i do now to move on?

I'm not following guys. You do NOT need to do anything manually.

Here are the steps you should take to remove the chat application (regardless of whether you have already removed modules individually)

1) Open Manage Applications and Modules page in ACP under System tab
2) Find the chat application
3) Click the button next to it and choose "Remove Application"

Even if you manually removed the "addonchat" module, for instance, you should still be able to remove the chat application itself.

I'm lost on the confusion here. :unsure:

I'm not following guys. You do NOT need to do anything manually.

Here are the steps you should take to remove the chat application (regardless of whether you have already removed modules individually)

1) Open Manage Applications and Modules page in ACP under System tab

2) Find the chat application

3) Click the button next to it and choose "Remove Application"

Even if you manually removed the "addonchat" module, for instance, you should still be able to remove the chat application itself.

I'm lost on the confusion here. :unsure:

I was under the impression that when the OP tries that, it throws a driver error.

I too have had problems and have been asked to remove the Chat v1.0.0 Beta 2 and download the latest file and install.

When I try to Remove Application in ACP, I get the error "mysite.invisionzone.com Driver Error - There appears to be an error with the database. "

I tried to run the query: alter table ibf_members add column chat_banned tinyint(1); but get the error:
Results: Manual Query
Error
Table 'mysite_ipb.ibf_members' doesn't exist.

Any ideas of how I can remove the Chat Services?

It seems I resolved the Remove/Install bit. I got frustrated with the Remove Application errors, so I disabled the Chat Services, downloaded Beta3 and uploaded the files. When I opened ACP again, it said there was an update available and procedded to update all - with no errors.

I then enabled app, and entered the key again under My Apps.

But I now get another error:
[#CSTART-4] The room ID supplied was invalid. Please notify the administrator.

When trying to remove the Chat Application by clicking on the drop down menu Remove button the error message is been logged as follows:

mySQL query error: ALTER TABLE members DROP chat_banned

===================================================

Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2009 21:09:22 +0000

Error Number: 1091

Error: Can't DROP 'chat_banned'; check that column/key exists

IP Address: 193.188.105.20

Page: /Forum/admin/index.php?adsess=919e9c15a036722b74dd5ef75457070e&app=core&module=applications&section=applications&do=application_remove&app_id=5

Debug: array (

1 => 

array (

'file' => '../Forum/ips_kernel/classDbMysql.php',

'line' => 356,

'function' => 'query',

'class' => 'db_driver_mysql',

),

2 => 

array (

'file' => '../Forum/admin/applications/core/modules_admin/applications/applications.php',

'line' => 1363,

'function' => 'dropField',

'class' => 'db_main_mysql',

),

3 => 

array (

'file' => '../Forum/admin/applications/core/modules_admin/applications/applications.php',

'line' => 107,

'function' => 'applicationRemove',

'class' => 'admin_core_applications_applications',

),

4 => 

array (

'file' => '../Forum/admin/sources/base/ipsController.php',

'line' => 291,

'function' => 'doExecute',

'class' => 'admin_core_applications_applications',

),

)

I tried

alter table members add column chat_banned tinyint(1);

which really created the missing column, but after i tried to Remove the Chat Applications again I got the same error message.. and now the column is missing.. but the parachat is still hanging there and doesn't want to go :)

I too have had problems and have been asked to remove the Chat v1.0.0 Beta 2 and download the latest file and install.

When I try to Remove Application in ACP, I get the error "mysite.invisionzone.com Driver Error - There appears to be an error with the database. "

I tried to run the query: [font="Courier New"]alter table ibf_members add column chat_banned tinyint(1);[/font] but get the error:

Results: Manual Query

Error

Table 'mysite_ipb.ibf_members' doesn't exist.

Any ideas of how I can remove the Chat Services?

That would be because you are using a different table prefix. Just change "ibf_" appropriately. I'm guessing you figured this out already based on your next post.

It seems I resolved the Remove/Install bit. I got frustrated with the Remove Application errors, so I disabled the Chat Services, downloaded Beta3 and uploaded the files. When I opened ACP again, it said there was an update available and procedded to update all - with no errors.

I then enabled app, and entered the key again under My Apps.

But I now get another error:

[#CSTART-4] The room ID supplied was invalid. Please notify the administrator.

If you refresh, do you get the same error. That would largely be an issue on our end, but it's odd for only one person to report such a problem (it would affect anyone trying to use the app I'd think). There may be an issue with your key, possibly.

When trying to remove the Chat Application by clicking on the drop down menu Remove button the error message is been logged as follows:

=================================================== Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2009 21:09:22 +0000 Error Number: 1091 Error: Can't DROP 'chat_banned'; check that column/key exists IP Address: 193.188.105.20 Page: /Forum/admin/index.php?adsess=919e9c15a036722b74dd5ef75457070e&app=core&module=applications&section=applications&do=application_remove&app_id=5 Debug: array ( 1 => array ( 'file' => '../Forum/ips_kernel/classDbMysql.php', 'line' => 356, 'function' => 'query', 'class' => 'db_driver_mysql', ), 2 => array ( 'file' => '../Forum/admin/applications/core/modules_admin/applications/applications.php', 'line' => 1363, 'function' => 'dropField', 'class' => 'db_main_mysql', ), 3 => array ( 'file' => '../Forum/admin/applications/core/modules_admin/applications/applications.php', 'line' => 107, 'function' => 'applicationRemove', 'class' => 'admin_core_applications_applications', ), 4 => array ( 'file' => '../Forum/admin/sources/base/ipsController.php', 'line' => 291, 'function' => 'doExecute', 'class' => 'admin_core_applications_applications', ), ) mySQL query error: ALTER TABLE members DROP chat_banned

I tried

alter table members add column chat_banned tinyint(1);

which really created the missing column, but after i tried to Remove the Chat Applications again I got the same error message.. and now the column is missing.. but the parachat is still hanging there and doesn't want to go :)

So, you added the column that was missing, then tried to remove the chat application, and it removed the column but then told you the column was missing? If that's the case, try this.

1) Don't re-add the column (make sure it's gone)
2) Via FTP delete admin\applications_addon\ips\chat\setup\versions\install\sql\chat_mysql_tables.php and admin\applications_addon\ips\chat\setup\versions\install\sql\chat_mysql_uninstall.php
3) Try to remove the application again

If it works, re-add those files and install as normal.

If you could though - assuming that gets you up and running, try to uninstall the application again after it's installed fully, and let me know if you run into the same problem (you can take the same steps to work around it if so). If you do, please file a bug report. Based on your last reply there, I'm suspecting the _uninstall file is unnecessary, but if someone could confirm that would be helpful.

That would be because you are using a different table prefix. Just change "ibf_" appropriately. I'm guessing you figured this out already based on your next post.

If you refresh, do you get the same error. That would largely be an issue on our end, but it's odd for only one person to report such a problem (it would affect anyone trying to use the app I'd think). There may be an issue with your key, possibly.

So, you added the column that was missing, then tried to remove the chat application, and it removed the column but then told you the column was missing? If that's the case, try this.

2) Via FTP delete admin\applications_addon\ips\chat\setup\versions\install\sql\chat_mysql_tables.php and admin\applications_addon\ips\chat\setup\versions\install\sql\chat_mysql_uninstall.php

If it works, re-add those files and install as normal.

If you could though - assuming that gets you up and running, try to uninstall the application again after it's installed fully, and let me know if you run into the same problem (you can take the same steps to work around it if so). If you do, please file a bug report. Based on your last reply there, I'm suspecting the _uninstall file is unnecessary, but if someone could confirm that would be helpful.

I had the same problem and this fixed it, thanks.

I think this issue may come up a lot and people may just forget about, not worth the trouble. I had this problem for a week and gave up myself. I came here posted help and was redirected to this post. I applied your solution and it worked very well. I beleive this issue should be resolved for the common folk out there.

Thank you

Archived