CSTART-0 - Need Outbound Help

Tiki Tiki

CSTART-0: We have determined that this error means that you cannot make an outbound connection to our server. Usually enabling "allow_url_fopen" in php.ini (or use the .htaccess method suggested [url="

[/url]) will resolve this issue. You may need to contact your host for assistance with this.

My host allows outbound calls only upon filling out a form that asks:

The request will need to include the path or filename for the script that needs the connection, the ip address and port that it needs to connect to, and an explanation of why this is needed.

I know the "why this is needed" part :D ... but can someone at Invision provide me with the rest of the details (script filename, IP address and port)?

Thanks!

Well, the script that needs to make the connection is probably going to be your board's "index.php" file.

However, as for the IP address and port - we have a gateway server and will be adding and removing chat servers as needed. It will always be port 80, but there's no way to tell you the IP addresses at this point, because they can change at any time. Would host names be ok? I think all chat servers will be subdomained off of a single parent domain that isn't likely to change.

Well, the script that needs to make the connection is probably going to be your board's "index.php" file.

So the script should be index.php and not something like chat.php?

However, as for the IP address and port - we have a gateway server and will be adding and removing chat servers as needed. It will always be port 80, but there's no way to tell you the IP addresses at this point, because they can change at any time. Would host names be ok? I think all chat servers will be subdomained off of a single parent domain that isn't likely to change.

Hopefully a host name will okay. I found "http://chatservice.ipsdns.com/" inside one of the files... is that what I should tell them?

That's the gateway, though that's likely to change. The actual chat server is sent by the gateway upon initial connection. Presently the only sever setup and active is server01.ips-chat-service.com but as I said, more are likely to be added. If they can add ips-chat-service.com as a whole it should cover current and future chat servers I believe (at this point anyways).

If they can add ips-chat-service.com as a whole it should cover current and future chat servers I believe (at this point anyways).

Wondering if I'm screwed with my host (Aplus)... I just noticed this at the bottom of their outbound request form:

Please note that our firewall is IP based. If the remote host changes its IP address in the future, please notify us of the change.

It's not going to work if I just tell 'em "ips-chat-service.com," is it?

Archived