Wiki Replacement

Interferon

I'd like to see a replacement for MediaWiki, even if it doesn't support as many features. Our online documentation is mostly written by the community in the wiki, and it would be nice if we could consolidate the wiki together with the forum/blog/profile system. Migration isn't even that big of an issue, since it is easy to copy and paste an article.

All it needs is articles any authorized user group can edit. I'd make it simple in structure and just let the users define the layout of the articles.

http://www.ipbwiki.com

It doesn't really replace MediaWiki, rather combines both MediaWiki and IPB3 together in one logged in session where you can register on either and have accounts sync on both, and allows posting to be transferred back and forth as well as setting up the skin template to be universal between the two.

Well, templates and CSS are fully customizable. It's of course understandable if a software product doesn't meet your needs, but I'd hazard a guess it's unlikely we'll write up a separate concurrent package that does one of the same things IP.Content does. A more realistic approach would be to figure out what IP.Content lacks, and then enhance it further to accommodate.

Archived