[HQ] Copy Topics

InvisionHQ

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The problem was that the you can't copy a topic inside a forum where the members arren't allowed to post - or where the topic starter is not allowed to post - or where the moderator who uses the mod is not allowed to post. I really don't know that exactly... :D BUT: It has something to do with permissions...

Just bought the hook, and I'm getting the same "Can't copied this topic" no matter what permissions are used, and whether I'm copying just the first post or entire topic. I'm trying to copy into a different forum, logged in as Admin, and I'm using IPB 3.2.2.

All of your other mods have worked out of the box (I have Similar Topics, Attachment Icon, and RSS Import to Sidebar.

Here's what I've tried (in order):

First, I set up a new forum, and tried to copy topics into it. Then, I tried to copy the topic into another existing forum, thinking I had a permissions issue. I just retried it this morning, as shown in the following pics:.

I have an appointment this morning, but I'll check this thread again in the afternoon. I can assist in trouble shooting if you like (and give you access to my forums if that would help).

Well, I spoke too soon. It sometimes works, and sometimes doesn't. I'm tested to see if the failure is for posts created before IPB and converted to it, but many of those work well.

When it does work, it doesn't seem to really copy the entire topic.

Here's a specific example. I copied the post http://goo.gl/tJGMK to the Tutorials forum, http://goo.gl/kCrwD I did NOT select "Copy First Post Only", so the entire topic should have been copied.

In the result at http://goo.gl/kCrwD, the original author's five posts are merged into one, and none of the other posts are included. This would be OK, except this causes the images he linked in using img tags to show as links rather than pictures. (I've increased the number of images allowed in a single post so they may show up later; I'll have to re-cache things and see how that works).

I can live with this behavior if that's the intended result. The problem is that the "Last Post" information on the topic is copied over and it has someone else's name who posted in the original topic.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Does it create an actual copy of a topic or does it only create a link to the topic you want to copy?

I mean if I copy a topic, will the replies to original topic also show in the copied version of the topic?

It's copy topic, not linking.. You can copy replies or not (optionally).

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...