IP3 - FULL EDIT seems wonky

ptrader

Since the editing of post subtitles from the forum index page seems to be gone (???), I've had to resort to using the full editor to edit them. (We use the subtitle to track membership actions.)

Here's what happens to me on a repeatable basis, although not 100% of the time. But at least 80%.

Open topic.
Select EDIT button on first post.
Screen goes to FAST REPLY box or EDIT display opens, then closes and goes to the FAST REPLY box.
Select EDIT button again.
Select USE FULL EDITOR.
Change subtitle.
Save modified post.

In 3.0 we don't have the option from the EDIT button to select the FULL or QUICK editor anymore, which adds a lot of keystrokes to my edits.

Or, am I missing something?

It's not gone. On the topic index page (as long as there is a description) you should be able to click in it to modify it. There is a complete quick edit/delete/move features on the topic index page.

Also, previously in IPB 2.3 series it was two clicks to get to the full editor and the quick editor. Now it is only two clicks to get to the full editor. Quite brilliant actually since most people utilize the quick edit anyways.

I could only get the RENAME TOPIC function to work on the topic title, not on the subtitle/description - is there a trick to it?

And while I agree the quick editor is the most used, I think there's extra time involved because I have to wait for the quick edit page to build and then I can ask (and wait) for the full editor to build.

Just saying I liked options...I got spoiled.

I much prefer it with the quick edit first. It's a lot easier/faster for me. As for the description thing. I just tested it (it had been a while since I used it) and it appears it was changed. Now it could be a bug or they could have changed it for other reasons *no one changed it or it wasn't working correctly*.

You can always point it out in the bug tracker and they will tell you if it's working as intended or not and even why if you ask. :D

[quote name='ptrader' date='02 November 2009 - 04:41 PM' timestamp='1257198105' post='1874749']
I could only get the RENAME TOPIC function to work on the topic title, not on the subtitle/description - is there a trick to it?

In order to edit the subtitle/description, one must edit the first post. Not an elegant trick. blushing.gif

Archived