Search -> Show results as topics

Logan

Could the search feature to show results as topics, pretty please be added back in? I'm constantly getting complaints about this since upgrading, latest one from a user:

It's troubling me that when using search to find old posts, you can no longer view the results as topics and see whether there are new posts in the thread. There just isn't a good alternative to this feature. Can the option to view results as topics be added with a hack or something? I don't know how I'll keep track of threads that might need a response without that feature.

[quote name='.Logan' date='01 November 2009 - 09:59 PM' timestamp='1257127190' post='1874484']
Could the search feature to show results as topics, pretty please be added back in? I'm constantly getting complaints about this since upgrading, latest one from a user:

http://community.invisionpower.com/index.php?app=core&module=usercp

It is a setting at the very end of that page.

No, that's not what I'm looking for. That's to do with the view new content page, I'm looking for an option on the search form to be able to show my results as topics. It was available in IPB 2, but it's no longer available in IPB 3.

[quote name='.Logan' date='01 November 2009 - 06:35 PM' timestamp='1257129337' post='1874489']
No, that's not what I'm looking for. That's to do with the view new content page, I'm looking for an option on the search form to be able to show my results as topics. It was available in IPB 2, but it's no longer available in IPB 3.

If you mean that you want the default search to return threads rather than posts..... usually I wouldn't tell people to "do a search" but did you look just 2 or 3 threads below yours?

Archived