New product perhaps, like nexus?

vandango

I'm proablly one of a few users out there that would still like to see IP Nexus or something similar to make an appearance, i can think of so many uses for it (having my own store), and plus it would cut down on costs for using other software.

Any thoughts? (even though it proablly won't happen lol) :hmm:

nexus was great and the ticketing system was probably one of the best i've used/seen even though it was in its infancy. From a corporate point of view i can see that supporting something link nexus which is a new product line not an extension to an existing one would be very very resource intensive. Remember at the moment they have ipb3, blog/gallery/downloads upgrades, ip.content, ip.chat all bubbling and site updates like resources going on.

[quote name='Klisis' date='30 October 2009 - 11:25 AM' timestamp='1256919956' post='1873521']
Wasn't CCS (IP.C) originated from Nexus ?

Not exactly. IP.Content was 100% coded from the ground up, without using any code that was in the Nexus/Dynamic packages.

We blogged about our decision to put Nexus on hold (CBA to go find it right now) at the time. We feel that our time and effort is best suited at this specific moment to enhancing our community line, and we may or may not at some point in the future revive Nexus/Dynamic. That's the best I can really tell you.

Archived