Invision Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chimpie

vB to IPB+ Transfer Questions

I'm considering make the switch from vB to IPB. My biggest site/forum, the one I'm most concerned with is www.skywarnonline.com. If you visit the site you'll see that I have Photo Gallery, Blogs, lots of content pages, and vBa's portal.

To match what I currently have I'd have to probably purchase IPB and all the add ons. I do have some questions that I hope some of the members, customers, or IPB staff could answer for me.

IPB has a vB convertor, correct? All of my categories, forums, threads and posts will be able to switch over, correct? What about PMs? Will the make the switch as well?

Photos - Will IP.Gallery bring all the photos over to my new site/forum as well?
Blogs - Same question.

I have a feeling that I'll have to rewrite all the content pages, and I'm okay with that. But if I'm wrong, please - please correct me. :)

Any other thoughts, suggestions or advice are welcome as well.

Chimp

[quote name='Chimpie' date='24 October 2009 - 04:24 PM' timestamp='1256401496' post='1870969']
I'm considering make the switch from vB to IPB. My biggest site/forum, the one I'm most concerned with is www.skywarnonline.com. If you visit the site you'll see that I have Photo Gallery, Blogs, lots of content pages, and vBa's portal.

To match what I currently have I'd have to probably purchase IPB and all the add ons. I do have some questions that I hope some of the members, customers, or IPB staff could answer for me.

IPB has a vB convertor, correct? All of my categories, forums, threads and posts will be able to switch over, correct? What about PMs? Will the make the switch as well?

Photos - Will IP.Gallery bring all the photos over to my new site/forum as well?
Blogs - Same question.

I have a feeling that I'll have to rewrite all the content pages, and I'm okay with that. But if I'm wrong, please - please correct me. :)

Any other thoughts, suggestions or advice are welcome as well.

Chimp

Yes.

Can't answer the other questions, but one less :) .

Regards,

[quote name='Chimpie' date='24 October 2009 - 09:24 AM' timestamp='1256401496' post='1870969']

Blogs - Same question.
Yes to all of those.

I'm afraid so, but you shouldn't have to do much more than copy and paste.

[quote name='BacTalan' date='24 October 2009 - 01:33 PM' timestamp='1256405624' post='1871005']
I'm afraid so, but you shouldn't have to do much more than copy and paste.

Correct. Of course it all depends on how IP.B+ is uploaded to the site. I will most likely lose access to the pages once IP.B is installed. I'll just have to copy and save all the pages prior to installation.