File Name: (NG30) Global Ads
File Submitter: NuclearGeneral
File Submitted: 21 August, 2009
File Updated: 26 February, 2010
File Category: Invision Power Board 3
Resource Type: IPB3 Hook/Plugin/Application
Version: 1.7.2
Demo URL: http://www.tiberiumstudios.org/

Tiberium Studios Is Proud To Announce The Release of (NG30) Global Ads v1.7.2!

This New Release (v1.5.0) Is Now An Application, Which Requires That You First Please "Uninstall" The Initial Hook From A Previous Version "BEFORE" Installing This Version To Avoid Any Future Problems. An Upgrade ReadMe File Is Included In This Release.

This New Release (v1.4.1) Requires Two (2) More Template Bit Edits To Accomplish The Two (2) New Ad Locations Added.

This New Release Now Supports Topic View Ads For Under First Post And Inside First Post. A Highly Requested Feature, And Now It Is Available In v1.3.1.

Click Here For Online Documentation.

For Support, Please Visit The Support Topic.
[Screenshots Located Here.]
For a Full List Of Features Available, Please Visit This Blog Entry.
Release Notes
[*]First Initial Release Of Modification v1.0.0

[*]Turn System On/Off [*]Change Google Ad Colors [*]Group Permissions Available [*]Permissions Honor All Secondary Groups [*]Ad Location

[*]Features Available

[*]Topic View [*]Calendar View [*]Members Tab View [*]Search View [*]Portal View [*]Global Header (Added In v1.0.4) [*]Personal Messenger View (Added In v1.1.0) [*]Profile View (Added In v1.1.0) [*]View New Content (Added In v1.1.0) [*]IP.Blog Application (Added In v1.2.0) [*]IP.Downloads Application (Added In v1.3.0) [*]IP.Gallery Application (Added In v1.4.1) [*]IP.Shoutbox Application (Added In v1.5.1) [*]Wrap The Ads In A Forum Style Block. (Options Are Available To All Locations, Single Settings.) [*]Option To Change Forum Style Block Title. (Options Are Available To All Locations, Single Settings.) [*]Settings Are Protected By Default. (EG: The user cannot edit nor delete settings within the setting group.) [*]Ad Type

[*]Board Index View

[*]Image Ads [*]Text & Image Ads [*]Second Initial Release Of Modification v1.0.1

[*]Text Ads

[*]Third Initial Release Of Modification v1.0.2

[*]Added Missing Setting: Adsense Channel (I didn't even realize I forgot to add it!)

[*]Fourth Initial Release Of Modification v1.0.3

[*]Added Setting To Update Adsense Status In Adsense Manager

[*]Added Setting To Update Vertical Adsense Status In Adsense Manager [*]Fifth Initial Release Of Modification v1.0.4

[*]Fixed Issue With Sidebar Hooks Showing Horizontal Ads From The Ad slot Number

[*]Sixth Initial Release Of Modification v1.1.0

[*]Added New Ad Location: Global Header Ads. Ads Now Show Up Next To User Drop Down Menu. (No Template Edits Required.)

[*]Added Support For Two Other Ad Companies:

[*]WidgetBucks [*]Added Three New Ad Locations:

[*]Yahoo! Publisher Network

[*]Profile View [*]View New Content [*]No Template Edits Required Except If Using IP.Portal. Two Edits Required. [*]Seventh Initial Release Of Modification v1.2.0

[*]Personal Messenger View

[*]Ad Locations In IP.Blog:

[*]Added Support For Invision Community Blog.

[*]IP.Blog Main Index (Above Blog Stats) [*]Top 10 Stats Page (Viewed/Commented/Bloggers) [*]Members Blog Index View [*]Blog Entry View [*]Blog Post View [*]Blog Archive View [*]Blog Forward Form [*]Blog Report Form [*]Eighth Initial Release Of Modification v1.2.1

[*]IP.Blog Main Index (Under Featured Entry)

[*]Ninth Initial Release Of Modification v1.3.0

[*]Fixed an issue with the Personal Messenger Ads.

[*]Ad Locations In IP.Downloads:

[*]Added Support For Invision Download Manager.

[*]Index Page, Below Categories [*]Above Sub-Categories [*]Below Sub-Categories [*]File Display, Top Of Page [*]File Display, Below File Revisions [*]File Download, Download Confirmation Screen [*]Tenth Initial Release Of Modification v1.3.1

[*]Index Page, Above Categories

[*]Added Two New Ad Locations:

[*]Inside First Post, Sides Available:

[*]Below First Post

[*]Right [*]Top [*]Bottom [*]Eleventh Initial Release Of Modification v1.3.2

[*]Left

[*]Twelfth Initial Release Of Modification v1.3.3

[*]Fixed an issue with topic ad under first post and inside first post only showing in Linear+ mode.

[*]Thirteenth Initial Release Of Modification v1.4.0

[*]Added New Feature For Selecting Which Forums Ads are Displayed In.

[*]IP.Downloads Maintenance Release. Works With IP.Downloads 2.1.0 [*]Fourteenth Initial Release Of Modification v1.4.1

[*]IP.Blog Maintenance Release. Works With IP.Blog 2.1.0

[*]Revisions Made To Main Modification:

[*]Added New Settings For Google Ads, WidgetBucks, & Yahoo! Publisher Network To Support New Ad Locations [*]IP.Blog Revisions Made:

[*]Added An Update Check File For Updates

[*]Blog "Ad Location 2: Above Stats" Has Been Changed To "Ad Location 2: Below Blog Index (Listing)" Due To Blogs Stats Being Moved To Sidebar [*]IP.Downloads Revisions Made:

[*]Made Revision To Blog Index For Index Ads That Weren't Fixed In Maintenance Release

[*]Add New Ad Location:

[*]Added Support For Invision Power Gallery [*]Ad Locations In IP.Gallery:

[*]"Ad Location 8: Below Downloads Sidebar"

[*]Ad Location 2: Gallery Categories [*]Ad Location 3: Gallery: Show Image - Below Copyright Notice [*]Ad Location 4: Gallery: Show Image - Below Image Description [*]Fifteenth Initial Release Of Modification v1.5.0

[*]Ad Location 1: Gallery Index

[*]Added New Feature Below Ads For Adding A Line Of Promotion To Remove Ads. [*]Sixteenth Initial Release Of Modification v1.5.1

[*]Mod Converted From Hook To Application.

[*]Seventeenth Initial Release Of Modification v1.6.0

[*]Added support for IP.Shoutbox v1.1.2.

[*]Requires A "VALID" Domain To Be Used. Unauthorized Versions DO NOT Function Properly. [*]Eighteenth Initial Release Of Modification v1.7.2

[*]Rewrote A Completely New Version To Be Encoded.

[*]Added Features

[*]Added ACP Permissions To The Application. [*]Added Support For -Calypso-'s iAdvertisement System. (Sold Separately As An Add-On) [*]Added Support For A Third Party Advert Company. [*]Removed Features

[*]Added Settings To The Applications ACP Page.

[*]Future Features

[*]Removed The Encoding From The Mod. Encoding Causes Issues And Ad Locations From Working Properly. I Am No Longer Doing Encoding On My Products.

[*]Adding Support For -Calypso-'s iCommerce Mod. [*]Adding Support For -Calypso-'s iPoints Mod. [*]Adding Support For (SOS30) Testimonials Mod. [*]Adding Support For (SRD3) miniTutorials Mod. [*]Adding Support For (SOS30) Upload Images Mod. Pricing The Purchase Price is $20 USD. To purchase (NG30) Global Ads, please click on this link: Product Listing. Then click on the "Add to Cart" button below the products description. verification_seal.gif Terms And Conditions Before Purchasing, please be sure to read the Terms And Conditions fully. Important Information READ THIS BEFORE YOU PURCHASE. Anyone who fails to comply with the Terms & Conditions Will Be Warned And Be Temporarily Banned. (This mod requires 4 template bit edits. 2 edits in Portal, 5 edits in Topic View, 1 edit in Downloads "Viewing File", & 1 edit in Gallery "Viewing Image".) Click here to download this file

[*]Adding Support For -Calypso-'s iClient Mod.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='sfwebs' date='04 November 2009 - 09:07 PM' timestamp='1257394043' post='1875743']
Can this be used to display ads other than Google Ads? Such as banner ads from somewhere like Commission Junction?

Yes, it can display ads from other companies. For now, until I add that Ad Company, if you do purchase this, just use either the Yahoo or WidgetBucks setting groups to input your ad code.

[quote name='media' date='05 November 2009 - 09:58 AM' timestamp='1257440312' post='1875932']
I would like to buy but it does not have ad in first post (embeded to first post)
I would love to see it adds an ad in first post of the page....

Also how about gallery section!!!!

Thanks

The mod does have the Ad embedded into the first post. It can be above, below, on left side, and on right side of the post content. And the IP.Gallery is coming alone very nicely. I may have a release for it within a week or two, not sure yet. Quite busy at home right now.

[quote name='Nuclear General' date='07 November 2009 - 11:14 AM' timestamp='1257617686' post='1876780']
Yes, it can display ads from other companies. For now, until I add that Ad Company, if you do purchase this, just use either the Yahoo or WidgetBucks setting groups to input your ad code.

The mod does have the Ad embedded into the first post. It can be above, below, on left side, and on right side of the post content. And the IP.Gallery is coming alone very nicely. I may have a release for it within a week or two, not sure yet. Quite busy at home right now.

Sure let us know i will buy this then... :)

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I have two questions;

1. Does this allow for banners to rotate upon each page refresh (i.e. I want to have multiple banners running in one location, but of course they exist under a rotational environment, therefore changing banner per refresh/display)?
2. Does this system run FLASH and SWF format based banners?

Thanks.

[quote name='sfwebs' date='19 November 2009 - 06:15 AM' timestamp='1258611307' post='1880537']
Same here. <_<

Ditto. Have purchased it since few days and never installed it seeing all template edits. Their are too many template edits and 3.0.5 is near.

But next time if I purchase anything again I will ask author if their are template edits or not. I assumed this hook didn't required any template edits since it was not mentioned anywhere on the download page.

More or less it had "(No Template Edits Required.)" in the main topic at like 2 places.

[quote name='AlexJ' date='19 November 2009 - 10:57 AM' timestamp='1258653453' post='1880715']
Ditto. Have purchased it since few days and never installed it seeing all template edits. Their are too many template edits and 3.0.5 is near.

But next time if I purchase anything again I will ask author if their are template edits or not. I assumed this hook didn't required any template edits since it was not mentioned anywhere on the download page.

There are only 2 template bits that require edits, Portal and Topic View. Portal as 2 edits and Topic View has 5 edits. Thats not a lot, and the topic view is required to show the ads, and to distinguish which forums you want the ads to show in. They really aren't that hard to add. But if you need help getting them added, I'll be glad to do the skin edits for you. I don't charge for installing mods. So if you upgrade, and the edits went away due to an upgrade, I can re-do the edits at no charge.

Regards,
Donald

1. Yes I understand your point but we have also 4 skins and 3.0.5 is almost near.

2. It is mentioned in your main topic: "(No Template Edits Required.)" and "No Template Edits Required Except If Using IP.Portal. Two Edits Required."

But in the end it DOES require template edit. I think you should edit your main topic for future customers.

PS Thanks for offering help, much appreciated but I will do it once I update to 3.0.5. Don't want to redo it back after update. :)

Update Status: The Gallery section is coming along very nicely. To view the Gallery in live update, please visit the Gallery Here.

Gallery Index: Above Categories and Above Stats.
Album View: Above and below.
View Image: Below Image. (Technically above copyright notice and description :lol:)
User Information: Above albums.

This new update won't be released until IP.Gallery 3.1 is released. Mainly for the new features they are adding. I will also be doing maintenance updates for IP.Blog and IP.Downloads, if any major changes are made to them preventing the ads from showing.

Good to hear! :) I will certainly keep this thread updated with the progress of every release. So far, I only need to create some settings for showing/hiding the ad locations, then the mod is pretty much done. I just wanna do one release for the Gallery section, instead of having to make another "maintenance release" within days of the new major Gallery update. And once the Gallery section is complete, I may have to do a maintenance release anyway for IP.Blog & IP.Downloads.

Also, I'll be renaming this mod to (NG30) Global Adverts. There seems to be some confusion of what people think this mod is. This mod is for Advert Display, such as Google, Yahoo! Publisher Network, WidgetBucks, ect.

[quote name='emm1' date='23 November 2009 - 12:19 AM' timestamp='1258960748' post='1881648']
Is it only for GoogleAds and such, not possible to insert your own text & banners?

This mod is only for Google and such, yes. But like I mentioned a few posts up, I am working on a mod to do what you are asking, it is called (NG30) Rotating Banners. It will have three(3) options.
[*]Rotating Banners (Default Script - Banners Change On Page Load) [*]Fading Banners (Default Script - Banners Change On Same Page With Fading Effect) [*]Custom Banners (Allows You To Define Your Own Custom HEAD Tag Script & Custom BODY Tag Script) The Custom BODY Tag also allows you to use .FLV & .SWF script code. You are allowed full HTML access in both HEAD & BODY tags (Of Course ;) ). [quote name='media' date='23 November 2009 - 08:43 AM' timestamp='1258991036' post='1881761'] 1.3.3 out but no gallery addition yet huh.pngsad.gif Yes, 1.3.3 is out, but no Gallery. But the Gallery is being worked on. To view the progress of the Gallery, please visit the demo site: http://www.tiberiumstudios.org/ and click on Gallery. On A Side Note: Upcoming Calendar Event.

Archived