[HQ] Ban From Topic

InvisionHQ

%7Boption%7D

File Name: [HQ] Ban From Topic

File Submitter: InvisionHQ

File Submitted: 06 Aug 2009

File Category: Moderation Tools

Supported Versions: IP.Board 3.3.x, IP.Board 3.4.x

With this hook you can easily ban specific member from topic. Then he can't read it even having 'show' and 'read' permissions.
As admin you can also choose which groups can use this system and choose from which groups members couldn't be banned.

here to download this file

• 1 month later...

I have this error:

An Error Occurred
Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

[#10343] We could not determine which topic you were attempting to view.

• 4 weeks later...

Great mod, thanks for writing it! I just installed it to remove some people from a long-running thread on my site who cannot discuss some topics rationally. May I suggest some improvements?

- Turn the popup into a panel with a vertical scroll bar (similar to the popups Invision uses all over). Some threads have many, many users participating and the popup that results right now gets tremendously long.

- Sort the list of users to ban/unban alphabetically. Not sure how they are sorted now (I assume by the order in which they posted in the thread, but that may be wrong, and I'm too tired right now to look).

- There is no way to tell who is banned from the thread. Would be great if banned users were displayed first (again, alphabetically) and in a different color or some other visual difference. Plus, rather than displaying both "+" and "-" icons next to each name, only display one or the other depending on the user's current status in the thread.

Thank you!

..Al

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Do you have latest version?

There is only one code for it:

/* Banned? */

if ( in_array( $this->memberData['member_id'], $bannedMembersArray ) AND $this->memberData['member_id'] )

{

$this->registry->getClass('output')->showError( $this->lang->words['dp30bant_banned_from_this_topic'] );	

}

It will be passed then user will be logged:

AND $this->memberData['member_id']

Guest don't have ID, so it shouldn't be happen for you.

Could you check what version of this mod do you have?