(e32) Custom Sidebar Blocks

(e) Eric

Hello,

The block doesn't show up on the home page.

I've installed it successfully. I've added a Block and enabled it as well, but it doesn't show up on the board home page.

Please see attached screenshots. I'm using 3.4.5

Thank you

post-318396-0-93670000-1372579301_thumb.

post-318396-0-73147700-1372579305_thumb.

post-318396-0-61663600-1372579311_thumb.

post-318396-0-82784000-1372579315_thumb.

Make sure the Custom Sidebar Blocks hook was also installed and enabled under Manage Hooks. Do any of your sidebar blocks show? That screenshot makes it look empty, so unless you've disabled all of the stock ones, that might be a bigger issue than just CSB.

I'm using it, it works fine as far as I can tell. I did notice that the option to place the Custom Blocks below the exisiting default blocks doesn't seem to work. Whether I set it to "yes" or "no", it still shows up on top. I'm using 3.4.5.

Update: Ok, I saw Eric's post on how to sort them, so it's fine with that too. I can move it wherever pretty easily.

Thanks for your reply Fifty16. :smile:

I don't have much free time at the moment but it is on my list of things to tackle. Parsing posts and editor issues are my Achilles heal when it comes to IPB stuff, I wish it was a simple API call but for some reason its weird. Again, I would recommend turning off the fancy editor and just use the basic text box if you are doing lists (and just do them in HTML).

Make sure the Custom Sidebar Blocks hook was also installed and enabled under Manage Hooks. Do any of your sidebar blocks show? That screenshot makes it look empty, so unless you've disabled all of the stock ones, that might be a bigger issue than just CSB.

Hi Eric,

Hook wasn't installed. I installed it with customSidebarBlocksHook.xml hook but the sidebar still not showing up.

I had disabled other side boxes and wanted to show yours only.

One note that, I recently changed server and domain name. I import the database from backup and I reinstalled your customSidebarblock after the import.

Thanks for your help

post-318396-0-68623200-1372786972_thumb.

post-318396-0-63425300-1372786978_thumb.

post-318396-0-86833800-1372786984_thumb.

The last thing would be to check permissions. Check and save and uncheck and save all the permissions in that block's permission matrix. Also there is a general On/Off config under Custom Sidebar Blocks settings.

If none of that works, I would recommend uninstalling and reinstalling. Because your hook wasn't installed/enabled by default and that you had to do manual database recovery, who knows what the actual cause of the problem. So manually save any block contents you need and start over.

• 4 weeks later...

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong please, because when I try to download the templates here http://emoneycodes.com/forums/files/file/13-e32-custom-sidebar-block-member-templates/ for example I get the following message

Sorry, you don't have permission for that!

And here http://emoneycodes.com/forums/files/file/15-e32-custom-sidebar-block-active-users-templates/
http://emoneycodes.com/forums/files/file/12-e34-custom-name-style/

I am registered and logged into the forum

Thanks
Wendy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I am pretty new to IPS and well this was the first hook/app I tried installing...and at first I couldn't get it working....I think what I did wrong was I uploaded the whole "Upload" folder to my /forum folder (/forum is where all my files are)...was that wrong or was I supposed to put the two folders inside "Upload" in separately?

I get kinda scared working with the FTP :(

Thanks

Bronx

Hi,

I am pretty new to IPS and well this was the first hook/app I tried installing...and at first I couldn't get it working....I think what I did wrong was I uploaded the whole "Upload" folder to my /forum folder (/forum is where all my files are)...was that wrong or was I supposed to put the two folders inside "Upload" in separately?

I get kinda scared working with the FTP :sad:

Thanks

Bronx

You open the upload folder and put everything inside there into your ftp. You don't upload the actual "upload" folder itself...only it's contents

Thank you, I got it now :smile:

I put a Teamspeak 3 banner (from gametracker) code in a sidebar block for this application and it works fine with my main skin (Warrior) but when changing the theme, specifically to the default "IP.Board" theme (I only have three themes: IP.Board, IP.Board Mobile, and Warrior), it would say:

Error: Could not load template 'customsidebarBlocks' from group 'Boards'

This isn't the biggest of my problems but it may or may not be attached to a fatal error object error I'm getting from what seems to be IP.Calendar (I installed this, portal, and calendar yesterday)--at least they are all happening at the same time :sad:

IPB 3.4

Uploaded all files to the correct location, went to install and it looked like it installed correctly. However, there is still an 'install' button visibile. Upon clicking the 'install' button again it takes me to the IPB upgrade section at www.mysite.com/admin/upgrade/.

Any suggestions? Perhaps manually uninstall the package and try to run the installer again?

hi ive just had to reinstall the sidebar block system i exported all the blocks i had so i had them ready to replace

i reinstalled the sidebar block system but has no import but noticed you had it so it could be simply added as a seperate hook smile.png

so added one of the blocks and it showed up as a enabled hook

BUT it does not seem to show up on the forum

i have disabled the hook and reenabled it that did not work i re-ran the templates but to no avail

i have forum 3.4.5

can you advise please many thanxs

I have two questions:

ONE:

In "Edit Application Details", Application Information section, there is a blank box to fill in called the "Apllication Public Title"; and it states

"Leaving this field blank will cause the application to not be shown on the front end, making it an admin only application".

HOWEVER, whether I fill in this box OR NOT, the Custom Side Bar Block I created shows on the main page of my Forum anyway.

So ...... is it because I am doing somehting wrong, OR, is there a bug in this system?

TWO:

IF I FILL OUT the box, and put in a short description - in my case the words "Eclipse Side Bar" - those words DO appear in the Header of my forum.

But when I click on those words (that link) I get this message:

Sorry, we could not locate the page you are requesting to view. Please click here to return to the community index

and to the far right of that sentence is this: #404

So what is happening?

Again, is it something I have done wrong (in the "settings" for this Custom Side BarAPP) OR is there something wrong with the App?

Hopefully Eric, or someone, can provide some answers - thanks!

Dave

Have upgrade forum by doing an clean install of programs and use existing database. All ok.

Upload e32 and run the below all ok..

"Upgrade the Application

Log in to your IP.Board Admin CP and visit the System tab -> Manage Applications & Modules -> Browse down to (e32) Custom Sidebar Blocks. Click the green upgrade link and follow the steps."
When I load my forum up the side bar hook is not displayed ?
I can see them all setup in admin Custom Sidebar Blocks > Custom Blocks

Hello!

I've successfully installed this and although all other embeds work alright, the one I am interest to embed, failed miserably.

It's the widget code from the online fundraising site YouCaring.

Below you can see an example embed code (not from my fundraising as I am not looking to promote it here):

<iframe src="https://www.youcaring.com/fundraiser-widget.aspx?frid=59159" width="260" height="377" frameborder="0" />

When I add that, even the block editor can't render fully, leaving me no option but to delete the block to be able to continue.

What's wrong with that?

Thanks in advance!