Community

Sign in to follow this  
(e) Eric

(e32) Custom Sidebar Blocks

Yeah, as I mentioned in my post 5 posts up, there is a parsing issue with the viewing of a saved block. So it works when you save it, however when you view the saved block contents it adds a new line and dot for every list item. So then if you resave it, it will do it again and the bug will then be viewable. As I mentioned earlier, I'll look into a fix, but for now try the above temporary fixes.

Ok will do. Sorry I guess I didn't comprehend that when you said it above. I didn't know if it was something I needed to put in the IP Board tracker or not. Thank you..

Perhaps, but I don't know for sure.

If you do edit that block a lot, I would recommend (at least for now) simply turning on RAW/HTML mode for that block and not relying on BBCode. To me they are just as easy and the editor isn't needed. Here are some examples of simple lists in html: http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_lists.asp

I have a problem since upgrading that clicking on the image within a block opens the external page I want it to go to but it also opens the image on a seperate tab. What has changed/what am I doing wrong?

See the icons on www.otib.co.uk - the FB/Twitter links on the right and click on them.

i have installed (e32) Custom Sidebar Blocks 2.1.1, then i have run the upgrade system, all ok and upgraded, but now i have another request of upgrade and i can't enter in my admin control panel!

I replied to your other post on my site already so lets continue the conversation there. :)

I have a problem since upgrading that clicking on the image within a block opens the external page I want it to go to but it also opens the image on a seperate tab. What has changed/what am I doing wrong?

See the icons on www.otib.co.uk - the FB/Twitter links on the right and click on them.

It is your use of:

<span rel='lightbox'> ... </span>

So remove that and it should be fixed. :)

in my community this not work.

please check it. for ipb 3.4.1

Please elaborate. :)

It is your use of:

<span rel='lightbox'> ... </span>

So remove that and it should be fixed. :smile:

But I don't see where that's being pulled into the styling :/

Eric,

Since my upgrade to IP.Board 3.4.2, my custom blocks are missing entirely. Any help with this or is there an update?

This there error I get when I click on the page in my CP:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method parseBbcode::showEditor() in
/home/twentysi/public_html/admin/applications_addon/other/customSidebarBlocks/skin_cp/cp_skin_e_CSB.php
on line 52

Thank you.

Hmm, I'm not sure what you mean. Post the code you are using for that block's contents.

This has fixed itself with 3.4.2 bizzarely :)

It is any way to use one custom block to one skin,and another custom block for another skin.What i mean lets say i have a black picture,and i want to use it with custom block on a dark skin,but i have also a white picture and i want to use it on a light skin.It is posible to do this and not show them both on every skin?Or do you have any suggestions?Thank you for this btw.It is great.

Eric... have you tried pushing a content block into this app in PHP mode lately?
got an install with a CSB i am unable to edit(with valid code parsing a content block)

[#4100] Could not locate template: cp_skin_blocks_feed

is the repetitive ACP error.

Having this issue.

Using a custom block, "Enabled PHP mode?" is set to Yes. Custom block code is this:

if ( !$this->registry->isClassLoaded('pageBuilder') )
{
    $classToLoad = IPSLib::loadLibrary( IPSLib::getAppDir('ccs') . '/sources/pages.php', 'pageBuilder', 'ccs' );
    $this->registry->setClass( 'pageBuilder', new $classToLoad( $this->registry ) );
}

return $this->registry->getClass('pageBuilder')->getBlock('articles_menu');

Now I get

whenever I attempt to edit that block.

My current thinking is that I'll just use the external.php and use the IPC provided JS to insert IPC blocks into the sidebar using this application, so it's no big deal for me at the moment however it may be something you want to look into perhaps?

Is there any way I can get this to show up on every page rather than just the index's? I hope this is possible as it looks to be just what I need.

Also, how would I go about altering the width of the block? I need it to be 310px ideally.

I love this.... but when I added a banner, the custom items start after the banner, in the right column.

Is there a way to bring that to the top again. thank you!!

post-375753-0-27538500-1360615622_thumb.

Yeah, as I mentioned in my post 5 posts up, there is a parsing issue with the viewing of a saved block. So it works when you save it, however when you view the saved block contents it adds a new line and dot for every list item. So then if you resave it, it will do it again and the bug will then be viewable. As I mentioned earlier, I'll look into a fix, but for now try the above temporary fixes.

Eric any chance of getting this fixed? It's driving me nuts. I was hoping this was a board issue and would be fixed with a new version or the latest patch but it's not. It only happens when using this application.

Hi,

I have installed the 1.0.5 Topic Hover.
When I change the style, get the following error message

Fatal error: Method custom sidebar block does not exist in mt_boardIndexTopicHover in

board admin sources classes output publicOutput.php on line 3997

If I disable the hack topic hover, then the error message is gone.

Eric,

Since my upgrade to IP.Board 3.4.2, my custom blocks are missing entirely. Any help with this or is there an update?

This there error I get when I click on the page in my CP:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method parseBbcode::showEditor() in
/home/twentysi/public_html/admin/applications_addon/other/customSidebarBlocks/skin_cp/cp_skin_e_CSB.php
on line 52

Thank you.

Double check that you updated to the latest version of CSB properly.

Pre-purchase question, is this working with 3.3.4? If not is there an earlier version that does? Thank you for any help

It should work with 3.3.4. This is free, btw. :)

Hello,

Everytime i edit and reload, it apperas <br / > code ?

Is it normal ?

The editor doesn't play nice sometimes. If you are experiencing that, you might want to disable the fancy editor in settings and just use a blank box.

It is any way to use one custom block to one skin,and another custom block for another skin.What i mean lets say i have a black picture,and i want to use it with custom block on a dark skin,but i have also a white picture and i want to use it on a light skin.It is posible to do this and not show them both on every skin?Or do you have any suggestions?Thank you for this btw.It is great.

Not at present, but interesting idea!

Having this issue.

Using a custom block, "Enabled PHP mode?" is set to Yes. Custom block code is this:

if ( !$this->registry->isClassLoaded('pageBuilder') )
{
    $classToLoad = IPSLib::loadLibrary( IPSLib::getAppDir('ccs') . '/sources/pages.php', 'pageBuilder', 'ccs' );
    $this->registry->setClass( 'pageBuilder', new $classToLoad( $this->registry ) );
}

return $this->registry->getClass('pageBuilder')->getBlock('articles_menu');

Now I get

whenever I attempt to edit that block.

My current thinking is that I'll just use the external.php and use the IPC provided JS to insert IPC blocks into the sidebar using this application, so it's no big deal for me at the moment however it may be something you want to look into perhaps?

I've still never used an IP.Content block as a CSB block, so I dunno, but MarcherTech is my go-to guy for CSB+IPC related queries. All I know is what he tells me. Perhaps I'll have a try soon.

Is there any way I can get this to show up on every page rather than just the index's? I hope this is possible as it looks to be just what I need.

Also, how would I go about altering the width of the block? I need it to be 310px ideally.

No, this only modifies the index sidebar, it doesn't touch elsewhere.

You would need to modify the html template or actually probably the css. It isn't directly related to Custom Sidebar blocks since CSB simply follows the same width that the default blocks/sidebar use. So search the forums for others who have done that. :)

I love this.... but when I added a banner, the custom items start after the banner, in the right column.

Is there a way to bring that to the top again. thank you!!

attachicon.gifupontopforumip.jpg

I'm guessing that's an issue with the default sidebar in general, not Custom Sidebar Blocks. Let me know if I'm wrong.

Eric any chance of getting this fixed? It's driving me nuts. I was hoping this was a board issue and would be fixed with a new version or the latest patch but it's not. It only happens when using this application.

Sorry, I've been super busy with my last semester of school. One of these days, perhaps Spring Break. For now, I would recommend using html entities directly and turning on HTML/RAW mode. It might be a bit more work at first, but you don't have to worry about the fancy editor issues.

Hi,

I have installed the 1.0.5 Topic Hover.
When I change the style, get the following error message

Fatal error: Method custom sidebar block does not exist in mt_boardIndexTopicHover in

board admin sources classes output publicOutput.php on line 3997

If I disable the hack topic hover, then the error message is gone.

Try asking the author of the Topic Hover mod.

Sign in to follow this