(e32) Custom Sidebar Blocks

(e) Eric

Well, so far I haven't read anyone using 3.3.4 reporting any issues similar to mine. We recently upgraded to 3.3.4, so the board is somewhat of a clean install. Unfortunately, the main owner of our site could not provide me with a Test Board, so I have no way of testing this App as you suggested. Shame too, I really wanted to use this App. We were using Beeman's

Blank Sidebar Hook

right before we upgraded to 3.3.4 from 3.1.4 and it has not given us any issues, but he has not replied to any support questions, which leads me to belive he's abandoned the support for his hook. And I'd rather not use it if I'm not certain it will work well with 3,3,4. Ever since I discovered this App of yours, I was dead set on using it for our future 3.3.4 upgrade and now I can't get it to work on our board. Oh well, thank you so much for your help though. Was much appreciated.

Yeah, I would assume it isn't a 3.3.4 compatibility problem, since this app has such wide-spread use, I would've heard from someone by now if there was a compatibility problem. Like I mentioned, this incorrect_furl error has been reported in a bunch of other threads so hopefully in one of them there will be a "fix".

And try what marcher said of course, he keeps up with this stuff better than me.

HellaWicked, just an idea. in the ACP Go to manage Apps and Modules, click the drop-down on the right of CSB, click view Admin Modules... screen-shot that, or state if any are present.... off the top of my head that could cause what you say, though the cause of them missing would need looked at if they are.

Hello Marcher Technologies and thanks also for your interest in helping with this. I'm providing the screenshot of the Admin Modules page as you asked below:

%7Boption%7D

If it's missing modules, then I'm not sure which modules it's talking about. The instructions don't mention anything about adding any separate modules, so I'm clueless there. Perhaps during the download of the App to my computer something did not download and was missing?

i suspect upload issue more than download, as the download is kosher on this. click browse, select out /(e32) Custom Sidebar Blocks 2.1.0/upload/admin/applications_addon/other/customSidebarBlocks/xml/customSidebarBlocks_modules.xml and hit import, the go back to Manage apps and modules and click 'Recache Apps & Modules' then try it again.

usually, to avoid oddities with admin directory renaming, I instruct to upload the contents of the admin folder to your admin folder(whatever that may be) separately from any other directories in the /upload/ folder.
Example, my admin directory being /public_html/admin/(default) I would drill into /admin/ locally and on my site, then select all on the left, right-click and hit upload, if this is an upgrade, if it prompts to merge/over-ride do so(safe to do with filezilla).

re-download and extract, it appears you have several downloads of the mod extracted locally nested.... and you do appear to be missing said file there.... i named the file after extracting it fresh from MP locally, and it is present in the download in the right place.

Now that you mentioned that, I think I may know what went wrong. The very first time I downloaded this App and tried to extract its files, the program I was using to extract the files (which came with my Windows 7 OS) gave me several warnings that some file names or something like that were too long. It then gave me the choice to 'skip' or some other choice. I really don't remember what it said, but I'm certain that something went wrong while extracting the files from the zip file. Is there any way you or anyone else can somehow send me the complete extracted files instead of the zip file so that I wont run into any issues while extracting the original zip file? BTW I use FIlezilla as well.

Now that you mentioned that, I think I may know what went wrong. The very first time I downloaded this App and tried to extract it, the program I was using to extract the files gave me several warnings that some file names or something like that were too long.

get a different extraction program, any single one that does that is to be avoided and uninstalled.... WinRar is a good free one for Win, for Ubuntu Ark extends the stock archive manager.
Alternatively, try extracting locally at drive root, to the unquoted, no, nobody is going to post up another authors files here for many obvious reasons.

get a different extraction program, any single one that does that is to be avoided and uninstalled.... WinRar is a good free one for Win, for Ubuntu Ark extends the stock archive manager.

Good call. I'll get WinRar and try all this again. Thanks Marcher Technologies. Perhaps this was also the issues with all those other people having problems? If so, hopefully they too will try your suggestion.Thanks again, I'll go give this a shot. (crossing fingers lol).

Finally! downloaded the WinRar, extracted the files, uploaded them and everything shows now. Never again am I going to use that useless program that came with Windows. Who knows if the same thing will happen when I try to install a different App/Mod/Hook. Thanks so much Marcher Technologies and (e) Eric for your help with this. Sorry I gave you guys such a hard time. But at least we know what the issue was and perhaps others who are having such issues may want to look into which software they're using to extract files. Thanks again guys, much appreciated. :thumbsup:

I don't get what are trying to say I don't get FileZilla Client its to hard

Then you are going to have issue installing any application. Installation of any IPBoard application follows the exact same basic steps.
Follow step 3 in the linked instructions ignoring the mention of media_path.php.

Finally! downloaded the WinRar, extracted the files, uploaded them and everything shows now. Never again am I going to use that useless program that came with Windows. Who knows if the same thing will happen when I try to install a different App/Mod/Hook. Thanks so much Marcher Technologies and (e) Eric for your help with this. Sorry I gave you guys such a hard time. But at least we know what the issue was and perhaps others who are having such issues may want to look into which software they're using to extract files. Thanks again guys, much appreciated. :thumbsup:

Good to hear. :thumbsup: