(e32) Custom Sidebar Blocks

(e) Eric

No i dont have any currently. I did some binging around and didn't find anything good and free. There are some paid options, but none looked that great. MJ makes a good one as a standalone hook. Have you looked into that one?

If you find a good option that can be used in CSB, be sure to post so we know. :)

hello,

i tryed to add a new php block for rss feed, i created a IPcontent bloc and then i added it into a CSB bloc :

if( !( $this->registry->isClassLoaded('pageBuilder') ) )

{

require_once( IPSLib::getAppDir('ccs') . '/sources/pages.php' );

$this->registry->setClass('pageBuilder', new pageBuilder( $this->registry ) );

}

return $this->registry->getClass('pageBuilder')->getBlock(videos);

i got an empty block !! is that normal ?

i can understand and i think so, i added the " and i got another error on the sidebar block !!

Error: Could not load template 'feed__generic_17' from group ''[/CODE]

in the acp when i saved the block i got also an error :

[CODE][#4100] Impossible de localiser le modèle : cp_skin_blocks_feed

so strange i found that !

i can understand and i think so, i added the " and i got another error on the sidebar block !!

Error: Could not load template 'feed__generic_17' from group ''[/CODE]

in the acp when i saved the block i got also an error :

[CODE][#4100] Impossible de localiser le modèle : cp_skin_blocks_feed

so strange i found that !

IPC Bug atm... waiting on 2.3.2 to resolve, for now disable caching of the block.

Hi,

I have been using your mod for about a week or so, now. So far, I think everything functions okay, with the exception of forcing the view. Even though I have that set on each block, the viewer can still collapse the blocks.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this, if it is a bug, or if it is (quite often) something I screwed up?

Board v3.1.1
Mod: v2.1.0

Edited by PWP2

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sorry, I am sure you get asked this a lot. But is there any way in the current implementation of the mod to add the side bards to every area of the forums?

We would really like to have the side bars visible in the topic view and forum view areas. Is this possible? I can handle skinning and making it work with the design okay, I just need to know what templates to call and variables to include.

Thanks for your time.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have been using your mod for about a week or so, now. So far, I think everything functions okay, with the exception of forcing the view. Even though I have that set on each block, the viewer can still collapse the blocks.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this, if it is a bug, or if it is (quite often) something I screwed up?

Board v3.1.1

Mod: v2.1.0

I'm getting this under IPB 3.3.3 and the latest version of this hook, came here looking for a fix....

I have it set for the user not to be able to hide the block, but the cross still shows and it will collapse the block and remember it.

PWP2 never replied to my questions, so I'm guessing the problem fixed itself. PWP2 can you confirm?

I still can't replicate the error, so my only advice would be the normal rebuild skins/reimport hooks/recache etc.

You might want to PM him/her to ask about the fix.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ya,

First of all great little app. I installed it and created a couple of customs blocks and they work fine but I noticed that the scrolling on my browser has been disabled. I tried different websites and the scrolling works fine, however on my forum it is disabled. This happened only after I installed this. Every time I disable the custom blocks then the forum works fine and I can scroll but the moment I enable them the problem occurs. I have the latest version of IBP 3.3.3. Could this be a bug? Or am I doing something wrong.
Cheers

Update:

I created another custom block but this time I used a JPEG image instead of flash SWF then I disabled the flash custom block and refreshed the forum page and the scroll now shows, so this means the flash is causing the disabling of the page. I wonder if there is any fix for this?

Yeah, since you can put anything into a CSB it opens up possibilities of all types of web issues. I'm not sure why that flash thing causes problem, but since it doesn't relate to CSB in particular, you might try asking in one of the general web help forums. :). Good luck!

Hi ya,

First of all great little app. I installed it and created a couple of customs blocks and they work fine but I noticed that the scrolling on my browser has been disabled. I tried different websites and the scrolling works fine, however on my forum it is disabled. This happened only after I installed this. Every time I disable the custom blocks then the forum works fine and I can scroll but the moment I enable them the problem occurs. I have the latest version of IBP 3.3.3. Could this be a bug? Or am I doing something wrong.

Cheers

Update:

I created another custom block but this time I used a JPEG image instead of flash SWF then I disabled the flash custom block and refreshed the forum page and the scroll now shows, so this means the flash is causing the disabling of the page. I wonder if there is any fix for this?

Is this using FF by any chance? There's a known incompatibility between the latest Flash and FF and I had to roll back my version of Flash (or use a different browser) to get certain web pages to load/work. Although this is about flash videos, I have experienced problems with other things.

Hellow !

My question is going to sound newbish but I'm trying to install this great hook and I'm a bit confused with the instructions. :3
It says: "Upload folder: upload/admin/applications_addon/other/customSidebarBlocks to: admin/applications_addon/other/"
BUT do I have to create all the folders in /customSidebarBlocks in /other ? Or can I just upload all the files ? :3

Thank you !
And sorry !