(e32) Custom Sidebar Blocks

(e) Eric

Hey it seems like the php doesn't works, the PHP functions like these:

1. What is the PHP code that calls the user avatar? (Tried the author$ code and it didnt work).
2. What is the PHP code that calls the total post count?
3. What is the PHP code that shows your rank?

these are my settings:

%7Boption%7D

please help!

Remember you want the php to be parsed, so you need to disable the Raw Mode setting above for any php block to function. It gives that hint right under the php setting.

Also, read the rest of the hint beneath that setting, you need to build the HTML/php then return it. What you have now wont work, because you are simply printing out "post count:" instead of appending that to some string and returning it.

And lastly, version 2.0 is not fully compatible with ipb 3.3, so if the php block still doesn't work after abiding by the hints, you will need to wait for the next version to be released. (if you are using 3.3 of course).

Yeah, with programming there is always a way, the question is how much it costs to find. ;)

I don't have any time right now to try moving the blocks to random places, but you are more the welcome to try hacking it yourself. A good place to start (or perhaps the only place to start) is the hook that powers CSB. So you could try editing it to hook into a different spot and reimporting it. Or something. Good luck. :)

I think I have enough testers. I will be releasing the new version shortly anyways. :smile:

I'm on ipb 3.3 and have the 2.0 version installed. When I tried to edit a custom block I've just added, it's giving me:

[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Fatal error[color=#000000]: Call to a member function customSidebarBlock() on a non-object in [/color]/home/iheartfx/public_html/forums/admin/applications_addon/other/customSidebarBlocks/skin_cp/cp_skin_e_CSB.php[color=#000000] on line [/color]302[/font][/size]

Is this something that can be fixed with the new version?

Hmmm it's still not working for me for some reason. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, performed the "Rebuild Master Skin Data", and then "Recache Skin Sets" but the error still shows up.

Also, the buttons (Bold, Italic, Images, Quotes) in the content editor don't work at all.

Nope, it's still not working... I don't get why I keep getting this.
I've tried deleting all the files from the FTP, reupload, reinstalled but nothing works.

[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Fatal error[color=#000000]: Call to a member function customSidebarBlock() on a non-object in [/color]/home/iheartfx/public_html/forums/admin/applications_addon/other/customSidebarBlocks/skin_cp/cp_skin_e_CSB.php[color=#000000] on line [/color]302[/font][/size]

Hi there,

I'm sorry for bombarding you with this errors but I'm still getting this error message, even after I've reinstalled the latest version.

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=3]Fatal error[color=#000000]: Call to a member function customSidebarBlock() on a non-object in [/color]/home/iheartfx/public_html/forums/admin/applications_addon/other/customSidebarBlocks/skin_cp/cp_skin_e_CSB.php[color=#000000] on line [/color]306[/size][/font]

Please see screenshot of how it looks on the public side (Note that my forum uses a skin that places sidebars at the top and it acts as a slider)
%7Boption%7D