(e32) Custom Sidebar Blocks

(e) Eric

Hi Eric,

Looking for help on how to use the following option.

Hide from main custom block?

If yes, this block will be skipped when displaying all the custom blocks in the index (good if you have exported this block and imported the resulting hook and want to use it's placement instead.)

Thanks

TheWelshOne

I really love this hook, but I'm having an issue with the option of colapsing the blocks and bringing the blocks back in forum view. When I colapse it, I don't see the java option arrow to bring them back to view. Please see attached photos and see what I'm talking about.

What can I do to fix this issue. When I disable the hook the arrow comes back. It only happens when the Customs sidebar block hook is enables.

Thanks,
Ben

Hi Eric,

Looking for help on how to use the following option.

That new setting is so you can export the block into it's own standalone hook, and then import it so you can edit it's absolute position within the sidebar blocks, so that you have more flexibility with it's position.

I really love this hook, but I'm having an issue with the option of colapsing the blocks and bringing the blocks back in forum view. When I colapse it, I don't see the java option arrow to bring them back to view. Please see attached photos and see what I'm talking about.

What can I do to fix this issue. When I disable the hook the arrow comes back. It only happens when the Customs sidebar block hook is enables.

Thanks,

Ben

Hmm, I've never experienced this issue nor have I ever heard of it. Try it on a bunch of skins, including the default one, and let us know on which the issue occurs.

Sorry for not quoting directly in my previous post. That was in response to Headson's post.

Eric,

As mentioned..it goes away only when I disable the Custom Sidebar block. It's being caused by this hook only. It works just fine with the other blocks not associated with the Custom Sidebar block hook.

What exactly do I need to do to resolve this issue pertaining to this hook? It happens on any of the skins.

Ben

Like I said, I've never experienced this error nor have I heard from anyone else about this error, so I have no way of diagnosing it. My first inclination is that it is one of your blocks, so try disabling all the custom sidebar blocks, but keep the app active, and see if everything works fine. If so, then try adding one block back at a time until the error shows, that way you'll know which block was causing the issue. Otherwise, if you still experience the error, try disabling some of your other hooks that affect the index and see if one of them is causing interference somehow.

How would I do this please Eric?

Since I can see this being a popular question, I went ahead and made an FAQ for it here.

Like I said, I've never experienced this error nor have I heard from anyone else about this error, so I have no way of diagnosing it. My first inclination is that it is one of your blocks, so try disabling all the custom sidebar blocks, but keep the app active, and see if everything works fine. If so, then try adding one block back at a time until the error shows, that way you'll know which block was causing the issue. Otherwise, if you still experience the error, try disabling some of your other hooks that affect the index and see if one of them is causing interference somehow.

Since I can see this being a popular question, I went ahead and made an FAQ for it

here

Awesome stuff, Eric. Very much appreciated.

hello,

thank you for this great mod,
i am just creating an ip content bloc with "{parse block="galcomment"}", i 'd put it in my custom sidebar blocks but i dont see any thing other than the text : {parse block="galcomment"} !

i tryed to turn on the raw html and the php mode but always the same result, i missed some thing !?

YW! :smile:

CSB doesn't parse IP.Content blocks, so you'll need to create the block for CSB.

CSB does parse content blocks, simply because it parses PHP:
http://community.invisionpower.com/resources/documentation/index.html/_/tutorials/content/embedding-blocks-within-other-php-blocks-r300
just is not quite as simple as {parse block=""} :)

thank you guys, that still not working !

i replaced my block name in the following code but nothing is shown, i tryed all option (with php, html row ..)

if( !( $this->registry->isClassLoaded('pageBuilder') ) )

{

require_once( IPSLib::getAppDir('ccs') . '/sources/pages.php' );

$this->registry->setClass('pageBuilder', new pageBuilder( $this->registry ) );

}

print $this->registry->getClass('pageBuilder')->getBlock('NAME-OF-MY-BLOC');

i also trued to paste the code generated by IP content instead of this code but always not working !
any idea !?

CSB does parse content blocks, simply because it parses PHP:

http://community.invisionpower.com/resources/documentation/index.html/_/tutorials/content/embedding-blocks-within-other-php-blocks-r300

just is not quite as simple as {parse block=""} :)

Ah cool, good to know.

thank you guys, that still not working !

i replaced my block name in the following code but nothing is shown, i tryed all option (with php, html row ..)

if( !( $this->registry->isClassLoaded('pageBuilder') ) )

{

require_once( IPSLib::getAppDir('ccs') . '/sources/pages.php' );

$this->registry->setClass('pageBuilder', new pageBuilder( $this->registry ) );

}

print $this->registry->getClass('pageBuilder')->getBlock('NAME-OF-MY-BLOC');

i also trued to paste the code generated by IP content instead of this code but always not working !
any idea !?

Have a look at the instructions that CSB provides when adding a php block. You need to return whatever is to be printed, not print it directly. In your code above, it might be as simple as changing the word print to return.

I am having problem with 3.3.0. When I try to use the twitter code, it directly shows the code and not twitter box.

<a href="https://twitter.com/Fearless_Clan" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @Fearless_Clan</a>

<script>!function(d,s,id){var js,fjs=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];if(!d.getElementById(id)){js=d.createElement(s);js.id=id;js.src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js";fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js,fjs);}}(document,"script","twitter-wjs");</script>

When you will upgrade it for the new IPB 3.3.3 ?

Thank you

I wasn't aware that it needed updating, since no one had posted any issues. Now that I saw AlexJ post I've investigated and yeah it does need updating. I've got a copy that seems to work on my test board, I am going to pm you three to test it for me.

I have a problem with 3.3.0

I have a box that is not Collapsible but you can collapse it!

My collapse is working fine, try recaching skins and apps.

I am having problem with 3.3.0. When I try to use the twitter code, it directly shows the code and not twitter box.

<a href="https://twitter.com/Fearless_Clan" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @Fearless_Clan</a>

<script>!function(d,s,id){var js,fjs=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];if(!d.getElementById(id)){js=d.createElement(s);js.id=id;js.src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js";fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js,fjs);}}(document,"script","twitter-wjs");</script>

Yeah, I don't know what happened between 3.2 and 3.3 but something big did with the editor. I'm going to PM you a copy of 2.0.1 and let me know if it fixes the issue.

I'm currently waiting to hear back from more testers for the next version (which is just a compatibility release). So far I've heard back from a couple of people who say it is all good, but still waiting on one response about a particular issue. Hopefully I'll be able to add the new version early this week.