(e32) Custom Sidebar Blocks

(e) Eric

• 2 weeks later...

Were you able to open the Read Me to read the instructions? After installing, you navigate to CSB menu via the Apps drop down. Then you would go to Manage Blocks and click Add Block. Then put whatever content you want. Then once done, you can add an arbitrary number more blocks.

YW! :)

Someone on emoneyCodes.com found a bug which only occurs if you are installing 3.2 fresh without updating from a previous version (they moved a file). So if you get an error in ACP, then re-download the app and re-upload the files, and that should fix you.

Someone on emoneyCodes.com found a bug which only occurs if you are installing 3.2 fresh without updating from a previous version (they moved a file). So if you get an error in ACP, then re-download the app and re-upload the files, and that should fix you.

Getting this error in ACP when going to Manage Settings :

Warning: require_once(C:/xampp/htdocs/ipb32/admin/applications/core/modules_admin/tools/settings.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\ipb32\admin\applications_addon\other\customSidebarBlocks\modules_admin\customSidebarBlocks\core.php on line 304

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'C:/xampp/htdocs/ipb32/admin/applications/core/modules_admin/tools/settings.php' (include_path='.;C:\xampp\php\pear\;C:/xampp/htdocs/ipb32/ips_kernel/') in C:\xampp\htdocs\ipb32\admin\applications_addon\other\customSidebarBlocks\modules_admin\customSidebarBlocks\core.php on line 304

Is this the error you are talking about here ?

Yep, that's the one. It is looking for tools/settings.php which is where that file was in 3.0-3.1 However now it is in settings/settings.php. So re-download the package and re-upload the files (or just core.php). [img]

[/img]

Re-download & re-upload the files seem to solve the issue indeed.

Thanks ! %7Boption%7D

Thanks ! [img]

[/img]

Hi ibEmoney

Thank you for making such a great mod. It's so nice of you to donate your time to make such a great mod ...it is really appreciated. [img]

[/img]

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

You're Welcome!!!!

How do you upgrade without loosing blocks etc?

thanks

The only way you would lose blocks is if you uninstalled first and then fresh installed. Uploading the new files and then upgrading via ACP (like in the Read Me instructions) should be fine. %7Boption%7D

In ACP?

Is 3.2 your first version of IPB?

If so, I bet I know the issue. They moved the directory that contains the ACP icons. I'll fix tonight when I get home and release a patched version.

[color=orange]Hook Em![/color]

sweet

under custom block the cross.png image points towards: /admin/skin_cp/_newimages/icons/cross.png

The _newimages folders dosen't exist

btw, i just created a test block and it's showing. It seems to have the cross.png images under enabled.

How do I turn it on?