Invision Community
(e) Eric

(e32) Custom Sidebar Blocks

Is it possible to get these blocks to display on custom ip.content pages as well as the board index?

I would love to have my blocks showing on some of the custom pages I am working on for my site.

Most likely there is a way, however I have never tried so I don't have an absolute answer and a solution. However there are helpful posts on how to go the other way, from Content to CSB. Here is a good start: http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/295290-download-e32-custom-sidebar-blocks/page__st__500#entry2243916

I have this installed on a board using ipb 3.3.4! Adding custom blocks works fine but the input textarea box where you add the html/js/php code is very small!! Also I noticed that when you try to edit a block, there is no option to save!?! In permissions, clicking on the top option to enable view for all groups doesnt work! Another minor design issue to point out, when editing a block, the options and permissions all show on one screen... :(

It looks like you've mentioned 4 things. I've heard the third thing already and it is on my list of todos for a future version, but because there is only one column of settings, it isn't that high on my list. As for the other 3 things, can you expand? Perhaps with screenshots?

Hey Eric, I hope you can help. It looks as though after installing the plugin it crashed my board with a driver error.

http://www.fightersevolution.com/forumstest

During the upload it appears to have not uploaded the xml files based off what I found when I reviewed FTP logs. The strange part and why I had proceeded with the install was because I did see the plugin within the applications portion in the admin panel. I proceeded with the install until it came up with the driver error.

My mistake, I didn't backup the directory nor the database.

Please advise, I'm running version 3.3.4 using Max Skin v9.

Thanks in advance!

-mtsymbal

You'll need to see what the actual contents of the IPS Driver Error is. If you can access ACP you can see them from the Logs menu (SQL Errors). Else, you'll need to go into your board's cache folder and look at the most recent sql error log files and scroll to the bottom and look at the latest ones. Once you have the error, if you don't know what it means or still believe its related to CSB, post the error here and I'll have a look.

Ok well, I just decided to rebuild my forum. It was a test forum anyway. Next time I'll be more careful to perform necessary backups.

I'll retry uploading the plugin and let you know the error before I install/crash again.

Ok, I have my test forum up now and tried uploading the plugin again. It returned with the following error that's listed below. All I did was upload the admin folder. The strange part is that if I go to applications, I see it there and can install it. The last time I did that, it crashed my board. Please advise, thank you.

%7Boption%7D

Doesn't seem that way, the app works now properly, thanks guys.

However, I encountered one minor problem or question rather. For some reason I can't seem to position the blocks anyway I desire, any suggestions? For example, "Recent Topics" is always below the custom block. When I toggle the setting to set it below, it does nothing and remains on top of all blocks. Any suggestions?

Thanks again!