September 21, 2009 in Marketplace
File Name: Advanced CAPTCHAFile Submitter: Zero ToleranceFile Submitted: 03 Oct 2006File Category: Modifications
This modification will alter the default GD image processing library created by Invision Power Board 2.1.x, which can easily be cracked by bots.Examples:http://infernotechnologies.net/images/captcha_example_1.gifhttp://infernotechnologies.net/images/captcha_example_2.gifhttp://infernotechnologies.net/images/captcha_example_3.gifFeaturesFont Processing: (Per each letter)
- Random fonts (you can also remove or add your own font files to customise the captcha)
- Random 'multiple' coloursing, fonts can display with 1 solid colour or at times appear in multi-colors
- Random slanting, the font is skewed randomly from left to right
- Random positioning, the font is positioned randomly in both x and y dimensionsBackground Processing:
- Random backgrounds (you can also remove or add your own background images to use)
- Random coloured lines
- Random coloured 'arcs' (curved lines)Requirements
(Re-compiling apache/php with these options enabled will give you this functionality, if you encounter problems contact your host to see if you can get these librarys).
Security settings in IPB ACP (General Settings -> Security And Privacy) has 'Advanced (Requires GD Library)' selected.Summary
It may appear sometimes the image outputs too obscure for humans to read (in some cases), but this to me is a much better CAPTCHA, developed because a client of mine kept getting their IPB forum spammed by bots.Notice
Once installed if the CAPTCHA image appears as a red x it is likely you do not have GD or truetype support, contact your host for more information and disable this modification.
Enjoy everyone :)
- Zero ToleranceClick here to download this file
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.
Started Thursday at 01:08 PM
Started November 17
Started April 13