The Forums curved corners!

Jacob Marshall

The rounded corners don't work in IE since it doesn't support the css properties yet.

The rounded corners should be in most versions of safari, firefox, opera and chrome.

I'd also suggest removing your email address from your post - otherwise it's likely that you'll get some spam. :)

[quote name='ehren.' date='09 September 2009 - 05:30 AM' timestamp='1252474237' post='1854266']
The rounded corners don't work in IE since it doesn't support the css properties yet.

The rounded corners should be in most versions of safari, firefox, opera and chrome.

I'd also suggest removing your email address from your post - otherwise it's likely that you'll get some spam. :)

Thanks about the e-mail help!

Do you think that Invision will sort out the IE Problem?

[quote name='Jacob Marshall' date='09 September 2009 - 06:32 AM' timestamp='1252474354' post='1854269']
Do you think that Invision will sort out the IE Problem?

It's not a problem in IPB. The problem is in IE not supporting curved borders, and there's really not much IPS can do about that.

[quote name='edivad' date='09 September 2009 - 03:33 AM' timestamp='1252481615' post='1854298']
I was asking why not to use a javascript for these corners, than it would work in every browser of the world.. css3 are still far away imo!

Adding javascript for something like that is just more overhead the browser has to process for something non-essential.

I agree.

IE is well *invoke swear filter here* if you get my drift?

I develop using firefox and I was SO happy with the look of my forum. But I run a 'normal user' account for seeing what my base user sees. I use IE for looking at that account and imagine my shock when I saw all my nice rounded corners gone. ;)

But as Brandon says its really such a minor thing anyway. And we don't have any choice in the matter.

AFAIK people using IE should just suck it up and get used to it, its not like they're not already used to a less than enjoyable internet experience.
Let them add it to the long list of reasons why they shouldn't still be using it, too many developers are already bending over backwards to achieve complete compatability for IE, when they really shouldn't, Microsoft won't fix a problem that's already being fixed for them.

Archived