Absolutely Ridiculous

shawnking

Ok, so I purchased a license off of ize nearly 2 years ago, and all was well and good, until 2 days ago i try to login to my other account, display name, .Shawn, and find out it wont let me log in, so i try to recover my password, and it tells me there's no account in the system using that email address, so i find this a little fishy, so i contact support, and they tell me that the original owner has control of the account and that there,s no way to prove the account is mine, altho i have renewed it 2 times with my credit card, i gave them that info, gave them my email address that it used to be tied to, and pointed out the face that this guys name is scott i believe and the display name is .Shawn, i find this absolutely absurd that customer service, nor debbie will do anything for me. but really, what would they care, losing one customer wont hurt their pockets any..just my rant on the customer service here.

• Management

Understand that from our perspective you are not our customer - the account owner is. We have no way of knowing if/who/when you bought that license from. All we know is the data that is in our client system and if it has the other person's name and email then that is who we must speak to.

[quote name='Charles' date='05 September 2009 - 02:17 AM' timestamp='1252113437' post='1852731']
Understand that from our perspective you are not our customer - the account owner is. We have no way of knowing if/who/when you bought that license from. All we know is the data that is in our client system and if it has the other person's name and email then that is who we must speak to.

this is like trying to talk to a friggin wall...

• Management

I am not sure what you expect us to do. By your own statement the account is not in your name it's in the name of the Scott you mentioned. Scott is the client of record. He could certainly login and change that information but that is up to him - we will certainly not go changing client login information just because someone claims to have purchased the license from a third-party site. Can you imagine the chaos that would cause?

From IPS's perspective, they aren't looking for who pays for the products on that account, they only look for who created and owns the account.

Meaning if my accounts products were paid for by someone else, they can't show up and claim this account is theirs, just because they paid for the stuff. Otherwise, just like Charles said, it would cause chaos.

• Management

Our official position on this has never changed: We do not recommend purchasing a license from a third party nor do we provide any support for such a transaction as we have no way of knowing what transpires outside of our systems. It's not uncommon for someone to sell a license, then try to reclaim it and as we cannot possibly verify every transaction that occurs between private parties, our policy is to deal only with the person listed on the account. If the owner chooses to change those details, that is entirely between them and the new owner.

If you feel that you are the rightful holder of the license, I'm afraid the only thing we can suggest is to pursue the matter through legal channels. We will naturally abide by any order issued by a US court of law.

Sorry we can't be of more assistance.

• Management

I can certainly understand that and believe me when I say you're not the first to have license transfer issues and in spite of our warnings, probably won't be the last. Again, I'm sorry we can't be of more assistance and do hope you understand our position.

Just a simple question.

When you file a dispute against IPS for an issue like shawnking's, will IPS issue a refund?

To the best of my understanding, he paid for the products, but does not get to manage his own purchases. So, if he (since he already has) files a dispute with a reason such as, I paid for this product, and cannot use it on my own board, will you issue a refund and remove the product from that account?

[quote name='Dark Slipstream' date='05 September 2009 - 01:19 AM' timestamp='1252127961' post='1852782']
Just a simple question.

When you file a dispute against IPS for an issue like shawnking's, will IPS issue a refund?

To the best of my understanding, he paid for the products, but does not get to manage his own purchases. So, if he (since he already has) files a dispute with a reason such as, I paid for this product, and cannot use it on my own board, will you issue a refund and remove the product from that account?

His first post mentioned he got it off of IZE, which means he never bought the license from IPS, but rather from another user. IPS, naturally, will not issue the refund in this case. Of course, since you know that IPS stopped doing license transfers a while ago, you are fully responisble for what happened, if you cannot access the account you bought, you need to take that up with the seller, IPS can't do anything. Like Lindy said, you're much better off buying straight from the source, just like any product, you can be sure of its quality that way.

For shawnking, sorry to hear about what happened, and that we couldn't be of much help. Hopefully you can get your money back from the seller!

• Management

[quote name='Dark Slipstream' date='05 September 2009 - 01:19 AM' timestamp='1252127961' post='1852782']
Just a simple question.

We cannot issue a refund as he didn't buy the license from us therefore we don't have his money even if we wanted to refund :)

Archived