Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bnbn1382

I had all my IPB security update, and I got hacked. What is going on? HELP. All my database stolen etc.

I had all the security updates, and ensured and asked here that my forum is safe.
My site is: www.forums.u-no.info
Luckly, I think they did not steal my FTP account.
They just hacked my database and my forum.
My forum contains over 3000 threads and 1000 members.
My site Google PR is 3 and we were doing well currently(not now) receiving more than 30~60 members a day suddenly .
I do not know how they did this, but they also hacked my Hotmail account.

I had ensured all my database is safe including the 5 tries then lock down, SSL, and also DDOS protection.
I had all my hooks and applications up to date.

Is this my fault or insecurity of IPB?
I have IPB 3.0.0 and asked people before about security and they said it was safe.

I am pretty scared right now, that they have threatened me over two weeks on MSN saying they are hackers and they are going to hack me.
The only reason they were going to hack me, was because my site was doing better performance than them.
Their site: www.cheatersparadize.com
Cant they get sued, or is there any information that I can sue them?
WIll there be any saved logs or where can I look and I want to know if IPB guys can help me.

Computing & Technology Forum Rules
Our community chat forum areas are for off-topic discussion only. Please do not post topics about IPS or its products and services here. We provide other forum areas for IPS discussion.

Do you need technical support on IPS products or services?

You can obtain support via the client area, or you can try to obtain peer-to-peer support at IPS Resources.

Did you find a bug in one of our products?

If you believe you've found a bug please post it to the bug tracker.

Have a suggestion or feedback?

Use the company feedback forum or appropriate product feedback forum. You can also submit a ticket in your client area if it's a private matter.

my subscription ran out. I am poor little kid.
I dont know what to do. People are making fun of me.
Because of getting hacked on IPB I got hacked on almost all the accounts, because it matches my password including paypal msn etc.

Unfortunately, if you no longer have active support, there isn't much that I believe can be done. This forum isn't for technical support of IPS products.

As a side note, 3.0.0, which is the version you said you have, isn't the latest version. The latest stable released version right now is 3.0.2

I'm going to reply as though this wasn't an IP.Board problem, because I don't think it's safe to assume that it is. You need to keep an open mind about how the hackers may have got in.

You should be looking in your server syslog, access, error and xfer logs for suspicious activity. The location and name of these logs will depend on your operating system (and the version of it)

[quote name='Andrews8602' date='29 August 2009 - 03:40 PM' timestamp='1251574845' post='1850317']
You need to have an active license.

Perhaps it has to do with this: http://forums.invisi...me-to-hack-me/?

Of course it does; it's the same person.

If he hit your email as well, it sounds to me like this was probably a problem outside of IPB itself. Either he was logging peoples' passwords when they logged in, or you have them stored somewhere else in the database in plaintext [VERY bad idea], or he just guessed or cracked it.

Do you have any backups of the database?

I have full back up of my site 3.5 GB somewhere on my FTP.
I do have back up that is like 10 days old.
IPB is salted I believe, I had no keylogg and I did once. JUST once. I changed all my password.
I doubt it is from MSN. MSN is big, and I dont think they can do that. Maybe I will try to call MSN.
I called Paypal. They gave me what time it was trying to hack Paypal. it was somewhere 6~7AM PDT.
I got the IP too, but I believe that will be useless.

Also sounds like you need to run a complete virus scan of your computer. Could be your computer has been compromised.

How do you know your forum was hacked. Looks to me as though they got ftp access and uploaded a page with their message that they hacked you.

I cannot access my MSN. I got it back now.
Paypal reports that password changing attempt occured.
Admin page, when I enter my account, it gives error.
FTP is safe.
No virus. I have avira and Nod32.
Pretty sure they are good scanners.

In my opinion they hacked your hotmail address, used the function to recovery the password and got into your IPB from there.

A lot of hotmail accounts are hacked (and not only hotmail accounts), big or smal doesn't mean anything in this case :o

EDIT: Just read your last reply and I can say nod 32 sucks :P

Dude, the way I see it. You have all passwords the same across all sites. One person phised/got your password than ran it through a nifty private program that tries to login to all popular sites using that login and it worked.

Either way, renew your support so you can be helped.

I am 15 and I dont earn any money.
Either way my parents wont spend any money for my site now.
If they hacked my hotmail, some told me it is possible that it was hotmail first, shoudnt Hotmail be blamed for not being secure enough, or is it my fault?
Is there any way to get things back, or do I have to reinstall my IPB?
I have 10 days old database of ALL of my site content not just IPB.

Sorry for double posting.
Help. I need to export certain things on mysql.
I still have some database left on MYSQL.
I want to back up all the posts users have made etc.
- I got ibf forums
What mysql table would I have to back up?
Also i want to back up certain members about (60) who registered 3 days ago to now.
(I have 27th date back up for all so before that is fine)
How do I back up certain members? is it possible? if so, then how, and where and what?